If you wonder why Alina Habba is "defending" Trump

According to FEC records, Trump affiliated PACs have paid Alina Habba $2,528,408.06 in legal fees between 2/11/22 and 6/20/23.

The MAGA sheep are paying for Trump’s traveling companion.

What I know of her is a total turnoff, but Trump only hires at least somewhat attractive females. It’s so transparent.

If you had to choose between two bad lawyers, would you go with Guliani or her?

If you had to choose between two bad lawyers, would you go with Guliani or her?

If all I need is a crappy lawyer then I would pick me. At least I know that if you are not a complete ass to the judge they will walk you through stuff.

I’d just plead guilty and report for incarceration.

So lawyers shouldn’t get paid?

What’s the downside for her? She’s basically a no name attorney that hung her shingle out and is leading the defense of a case no one has expectations she can win.

usually people who work for Trump don’t get paid. So good for her

What’s the downside for her?

In most cases I’d agree. Except that Trump destroys everything in his orbit including lawyers and their future prospects.

Hopefully for Ms Habba’s sake she’s not just faking being smart enough to avoid that wholly predictable outcome.

Reputation in the legal community and self respect (assuming she had some)?

Maybe that’s worth making a few million. Her judgment call. But I think that’s the downside.

Reputation in the legal community and self respect (assuming she had some)?

Maybe that’s worth making a few million. Her judgment call. But I think that’s the downside.

Don’t forget the prospect that she will never fully recoup full payment for services rendered. Maybe that is why trump chose her, for her services rendered. She seems to be auditioning for wife #4.

What’s the downside for her? She’s basically a no name attorney that hung her shingle out and is leading the defense of a case no one has expectations she can win.

Should she be paid? Sure, although Donald Trump has a sketchy history of paying his legal fees.

Should she be paid by a PAC? Less clear. PAC funds are supposed to be spent on campaign related items. If Mr. Trump is paying his attorney using PAC funds, that must mean he regards those legal fees as being tied to his role as a candidate and not as an office holder, which flies a bit in the face of his arguments for immunity based on actions taken while President. The other question is whether donors to the PAC expected or wanted their funds to go to campaigning and winning the vote, or to paying for legal defense in fraud and felony cases.

As for downside, well, I think we could take a look at the fates of some of the other lawyers associated with Mr. Trump.

Jenna Ellis - pleaded guilty
Sidney Powell - pleaded guilty
Michael Cohen - pleaded guilty
Kenneth Cheseboro - pleaded guilty
Runy Giuliani - total shit show and bankruptcy

. . .

As for downside, well, I think we could take a look at the fates of some of the other lawyers associated with Mr. Trump.

Add Joe Tacopina to the list of legal team departures. No reason given. Or whether he’s been paid or not.

Mr Trump seems to destroy almost everything he touches. It is really a unique ability.

Mr Trump seems to destroy almost everything he touches. It is really a unique ability.

And yet he never runs out of moths to devour in his flame. They just can’t quit him.

Should she be paid? Sure, although Donald Trump has a sketchy history of paying his legal fees.

Should she be paid by a PAC? Less clear. PAC funds are supposed to be spent on campaign related items. If Mr. Trump is paying his attorney using PAC funds, that must mean he regards those legal fees as being tied to his role as a candidate and not as an office holder, which flies a bit in the face of his arguments for immunity based on actions taken while President. The other question is whether donors to the PAC expected or wanted their funds to go to campaigning and winning the vote, or to paying for legal defense in fraud and felony cases.

You spelled “Runny” wrong.

https://compote.slate.com/images/74c81fb9-21d7-47b6-ab68-3048923eec21.jpeg?crop=4681%2C3121%2Cx0%2Cy0

Shhh, he’s masturbating…

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/Trump’s_hands_-_post_your_theories_P8069639/?forum_view=forum_view_collapsed&;page=unread#unread

In most cases I’d agree. Except that Trump destroys everything in his orbit including lawyers and their future prospects.

Hopefully for Ms Habba’s sake she’s not just faking being smart enough to avoid that wholly predictable outcome.

Did you read your own article, or their correction to admit a shitty misleading headline?

Do you dress like a fool at work? You may have a job that requires only scrubs but other jobs do require appropriate dress.

It is no secret I love to be well-groomed. I am not a clothes horse by any stretch, and I couldn’t tell you what the latest designer clothing brands are as I never cared for such things, but I think there is a place for putting your best face on before entering the big bad world.

Nope. I saw the original video where she says you can fake being smart but you can’t fake being pretty. If I linked an article unrelated to that video, my apologies.

Nope. I saw the original video where she says you can fake being smart but you can’t fake being pretty. If I linked an article unrelated to that video, my apologies.

Well, I don’t necessarily like the statement. But it is much easier to fake intelligence. We see it all the time uncorrected. So is that idea wrong? Or just something silly that was better left unsaid?

PS- Didn’t mean to imply scrubs not appropriate dress… did my time in them as well. But some jobs require over dress.

Honestly, I don’t care either way. Like I said, I hope for her sake she’s smart enough to know when to say when to a client who doesn’t know when to stop, who both intentionally and unintentionally destroy lives and careers, and leaves more than a few of his lawyers needing lawyers of their own.

Time will tell.