If you needed further proof that the House is just "High School for Grown-ups"

I think middle school might be a better comparison, but Forbes called it high school.

Rep Burchett was “elbowed” “in the kidneys” by that “bully” Rep Kevin McCarthy- the kind of guy who “would throw a rock and then hide behind his mama’s skirt.” A chase ensued after the hit.

What a circus the GOP has become, I look forward to the clowns defending their show.

Surprised they both can stand given no spines. They’d definitely be House of Slytherin.

How long till one member of Congress draws a gun on another?

Oh, rest assured, that is coming.

Representatives Jonathan Cilley and William Graves in 1838 style? Or something different?

This quote about seals it as middle school - “I’m not gonna be fighting him or anything. It’s not gonna be a fist fight. It would be a very short fist fight, I can tell you that.”

The only thing missing is, “it will be two hit, me hitting you and you hitting the floor.”

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l4FGm4EoWOc5MZ16g/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952z51iqmy1irqi9vq46qgdic18y6i2vg1tm76pwsc8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

The Senate is not to be outdone today.

Sen Markwayne Mullin (OK) challenged the Teamsters President Sean O’Brien to a fight today during a hearing where Mullin read O’Brien’s tweets calling him a “clown” and “fraud”

“Sir, this is a time, this is a place. You want to run your mouth, we can be two consenting adults, we can finish it here,” Mullin said from the hearing room dais.
“OK, that’s fine. Perfect,” O’Brien shot back.
“You want to do it now?” Mullin asked. “Stand your butt up then.”

Markwayne of course stood up.

Fuck you GOP for making Bernie Sanders the voice of reason.

Sen Markwayne Mullin (OK) challenged the Teamsters President Sean O’Brien to a fight today during a hearing where Mullin read O’Brien’s tweets calling him a “clown” and “fraud”

“Sir, this is a time, this is a place. You want to run your mouth, we can be two consenting adults, we can finish it here,” Mullin said from the hearing room dais.

Oh.

My.

God.

Just un f*cking believable.

One can only hope.

One can only hope.

Well done!

Did either of them tell the other to put up their dukes?

https://media.tenor.com/MEhzNRO9-nsAAAAC/bro-fight.gif

It’s impressive that someone could replace Inhofe and be worse.

Put up your dukes let’s get down to it…

https://media.tenor.com/s0Q9T07o23cAAAAd/pat-benatar-hit-me-with-your-best-shot.gif

Holy smokes, that was a prepared speech. They weren’t just running their mouths, the senator was reading from a script.

How much of what is done in Congress would get the rest of us fired? SNL needs to do a skit where a congressperson gets a real job and is called into HR every other day.

I think O’Brien wins by submission.

Markwayne about to learn where Hoffa is buried the hard way.

What a circus the GOP has become, I look forward to the clowns defending their show.

Nothing to defend because it’s a feature, not a bug. The voters are eating it alive because they WANT schoolyard bully know nothing dictator wannabes as their representatives.

Three things:

1. Maybe change the thread title to be inclusive by adding the upper chamber.
  2. How about that age thing? 46 years for Mullen vs however old Sanders is and just who the adult in the room is.
  3. Look for responses from McConnell and Lankford. I don’t expect an apology from Mullen.

Nothing to defend because it’s a feature, not a bug. The voters are eating it alive because they WANT schoolyard bully know nothing dictator wannabes as their representatives.

You sound like a liberal.

Oh… and McCarthy’s antagonist and the instigator who didn’t see the incident throws this out:

https://i.imgur.com/BnyhiDN.jpg