I thought stores were reporting difficulties selling their bike inventory, but what about TT bikes?

I thought stores were reporting difficulties selling their bike inventory, but what about TT bikes?

Seems like most of the new TT bikes I see online are sold-out or near-sold-out except certain specific sizes. Canyon, BMC, Trek, and even the ones that are mostly store-only like Cervelo, Felt are nearly out even here in bike-crazy Norcal.

Orbea still has Ordu TT bikes that you actually can buy online in various sizes, though.

Seems like most of the new TT bikes I see online are sold-out or near-sold-out except certain specific sizes. Canyon, BMC, Trek, and even the ones that are mostly store-only like Cervelo, Felt are nearly out even here in bike-crazy Norcal.

Orbea still has Ordu TT bikes that you actually can buy online in various sizes, though.

For newest of the new, probably the same BS as “new” TT helmets. One or two to use them in races, then the huddled masses get them a couple years later.

Otherwise it’s like an unending meme: bike industry during covid…let’s charge a fortune but never meet demand…bike industry after covid…we can’t sell a damned thing and places are going out of business… FFS. It’s literally the meme of sticking the stick in the the spokes of your own bike.

I’d assume production shifted to only making a small number of tt bike frames, and it’s either never changed or never caught up so it’s hard to get them

Specialty stores like Playtri and loaded to the gills with TT and Tri-race bikes