Hunger games Ontario

Here in Ontario we can only buy certain alcohol from the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario).

Tonight at midnight the workers could go on strike.

I went to the LCBO to get some stuff today… it was basically hunger games. Everyone buying way more than they need.

I am was mildly surprised that there was no fighting over stuff.

They needed it for their Fourth of July parties

I have a 4th of July party every year.

I went to sobeys and got some beer. I now know what brands the people who are afraid of running out of beer buy. Laker is a leading contender.

I did go to the LCBO yesterday, and bought a large bottle of wine, there were six people ahead of me. That’s a big lineup here at Bay and Bloor (six cashiers). I now have ensured a 20 day supply before I have to drink the “good stuff”. Anything older than a year is the “good stuff”.

I too raised a glass on Monday July 1st, to celebrate being a Canadian and I raised a glass on July 4th to celebrate not being an American, I also celebrate that criminals are not allowed over the border, except by a Ministers permit, which keeps out “you know who”, and today we will celebrate our eldest’s birthday. It’s a good week.

Tomorrow, as usual, we will celebrate sundown.
Let the games begin.

May the odds be ever in your favour. And may the strike end as quickly as the West Jet mechanics.

Similar scenario happened here in Denver when everything was shutting down for COVID. In what at best looked like an emergency decision, the mayor decided at the 11th hour that liquor stores were ‘essential. ‘

I don’t remember I’d the weed stores did the same thing.

Similar scenario happened here in Denver when everything was shutting down for COVID. In what at best looked like an emergency decision, the mayor decided at the 11th hour that liquor stores were ‘essential. ‘

I don’t remember I’d the weed stores did the same thing.

Yeah the LCBO was deemed essential as well.

Here in Ontario we can only buy certain alcohol from the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario).

I went to the LCBO to get some stuff today… it was basically hunger games. Everyone buying way more than they need.

I work with several people from India, when India government came out to shut everything down during Covid the alcohol stores were something that was being shut down. It was funny watching all the videos. I had a similar thought with the Hunger games.

Update? Have they settled? Have the masses revolted? Have you all moved to Quebec for liquor?

Update? Have they settled? Have the masses revolted? Have you all moved to Quebec for liquor?

A friend of mine texted me she was going over to Quebec and offered to get me some. We can still buy beer at the provincial beer store and beer and wine in some supermarkatos.

No revolt yet. Mostly what you can’t get right now are coolers and liquor.

Beer, wine, annd cider are in grocery stores. Beer is also at The Beer Store (yeah, that’s the name).

I forgot that it’s separated out.

Here it’s one store for everything, nothing avaliable at grocery stores.

I forgot that it’s separated out.

Here it’s one store for everything, nothing avaliable at grocery stores.

That’s what they are fighting about.

Doug Ford wants to also make Coolers and other mixed drinks available in grocery stores and corner stores. At that point the (provincially owned) LCBO will only have liquor as it’s you-can-only-get-that-here item.

Basically he’s taking money away from the government and handing it to business owners. And pricing is pretty much set by the government so he can’t even use the excuse that competition will lower prices. It won’t, at all.

So our government will have even less money to spend and will slash even more services. Our health care and education will take the brunt of it, again.

Government owning alcohol stores is archaic and a relic of history. Right up there with running lotteries.

Government owning alcohol stores is archaic and a relic of history. Right up there with running lotteries.

Lotteries are nothing more than a stupid people tax.

I have no issues with the government owning the LCBO since it doesn’t matter who sells alcohol, the government sets the prices anyway.

So might as well pay the government rather than make some rich dude richer.

Now, if opening up alcohol sales was actually going to create competition and lower prices, sure… have at it.

The white wine shelf at my local grocery store.

Dude is considering the cheapest boxed wine you can get.

https://i.imgur.com/icx4v4R.jpeg

People need better stockpiles at home. You never know when the government will cut off your supply.

I am stocked up. And the local brewery near me just released a hard lemonade. It’s quality.

At the grocery store again. The shelves are now full of wine.

It’s great if you like Peller Estates wine (it’s not good) and want your wine in 1.5l bottles or 3 l boxes.

That’s pretty much all they have.