How long till Trump drops Vance?

Can he now? How would that work, I hope we get a VP debate, might be entertaining enough to watch… maybe Mt. Dew can sponsor it.

I’m curious to see how Vance may react if (when?) Trump mocks or targets Harris’ ethnicity.

I’m curious to see how Vance may react if (when?) Trump mocks or targets Harris’ ethnicity.

It may look a little like this…

https://i.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMnRidWcxMzBtc2pweHJkcml5Z2R1YTFocWxvNHFzdXViYnN3ZnE2aiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/Qb7invSPHungedj3Fk/giphy.gif

Can he now? How would that work, I hope we get a VP debate, might be entertaining enough to watch… maybe Mt. Dew can sponsor it.

Can he? Surely he can.

How would it work? Unless the rules have changed, it would work the same as when McGovern dumped Eagleton.

Will he? No.

Can he now? How would that work…

pretty sure he’d just have a group of overeager supporters hang Vance, leaving him no choice but to find a replacement.

I’ve disliked JD Vance since before disliking JD Vance was popular. My favorite social media disses so far:
*JD Vance eats canned biscuits.*JD Vance puts sugar in his cornbread but not in his iced tea.*JD Vance puts cast iron in the dishwasher.*JD Vance buys his overalls from Brooks Brothers.*JD Vance has a Christian Laettner tattoo.

I’ve disliked JD Vance since before disliking JD Vance was popular. My favorite social media disses so far:
*JD Vance eats canned biscuits.*JD Vance puts sugar in his cornbread but not in his iced tea.*JD Vance puts cast iron in the dishwasher.*JD Vance buys his overalls from Brooks Brothers.*JD Vance has a Christian Laettner tattoo.

Cast iron in the dishwasher IS sacrilegious. The devils dirty work.
Trump must trade up!

I’m sure that the Republicans who are currently all aflutter because Biden dropped out and ranting about an undemocratic process will go along with whatever trump wants to do.

Can he? Surely he can.

How would it work? Unless the rules have changed, it would work the same as when McGovern dumped Eagleton.

Will he? No.

I’m pretty sure he can up until the day the RNC has to submit candidates to the states. Which is usually mid August.
In Alabama is 8/23. In Alaska its 9/1. Colorado is 10/4. Iowa is 8/16.

Then it’s up to state law about what happens if he misses the deadline. Many states don’t care. Georgia says that if you change candidates, all you need is a sign at all polling places. Colorado says any votes for a withdrawn candidate are void.

I’m sure that the Republicans who are currently all aflutter because Biden dropped out and ranting about an undemocratic process will go along with whatever trump wants to do.
Yeah, basic logic. Only the other guy can be hypocritical. Me? Never!

The difference being that zero people in the US voted for JD Vance in the primaries.

The primaries and party systems need to be burned down and start over. Maybe this will help cause that change.

can’t take credit for this as i heard it on a podcast…“Trump has to carry him to term”

The difference being that zero people in the US voted for JD Vance in the primaries.

The primaries and party systems need to be burned down and start over. Maybe this will help cause that change.

Move to Alaska! Besides being the greatest state in the Union, we have open primaries and ranked choice voting. Of course the Republican Party is backing a ballot initiative to unwind all of that.

honestly, I’m not sure trump “cares” about his VP pick in the traditional sense. it isn’t about balancing experience or bringing in new votes.

my guess is trump turns on vance if it’s personally convenient to trump, and that’s it.

honestly, I’m not sure trump “cares” about his VP pick in the traditional sense. it isn’t about balancing experience or bringing in new votes.

my guess is trump turns on vance if it’s personally convenient to trump, and that’s it.

He will most definitely care if he thinks it might cost him the election, because Trump needs to win the election to make all his remaining legal problems go away and - maybe - stay out of jail.

He will most definitely care if he thinks it might cost him the election, because Trump needs to win the election to make all his remaining legal problems go away and - maybe - stay out of jail.

This pick gets him access to more money. Peter Thiel has invested a lot of money in buying Mr. Vance. I don’t think he’s take kindly to him being dumped.

This pick gets him access to more money. Peter Thiel has invested a lot of money in buying Mr. Vance. I don’t think he’s take kindly to him being dumped.
That may be true, but if they are not elected then the value of that money goes to zero. I like the point that getting elected is Trumps get out of jail free card, otherwise the future is not so sunny.

That may be true, but if they are not elected then the value of that money goes to zero. I like the point that getting elected is Trumps get out of jail free card, otherwise the future is not so sunny.

These kind of guys are not all that good at seeing their own weaknesses or accepting good advice. I don’t know that Trump can envision a universe where he loses.

I didn’t think Joe would drop out so when I say I can’t see Trump dropping Vance I could easily be wrong too.

https://youtu.be/3TVgL1sjzvc