Hoka One Trail Shoes on Roads?

Does anyone use Hoka One trail shoes for road running? Any issues with that? It looks like the only difference in the Hoka trail and road shoes are the lugs on the soles. I’m not sure having more aggressive trail soles would make any difference on the road, but thought I’d ask if anyone has experience (good or bad) with this.

Thanks.

Yup mafate 3 all day it’s like I’m running on pillows bro love that shit like MMM lol I used them for a marathon when I first got them and noticed the lugs but not since just put 18mi on them and was thinking about how much I didn’t notice the lugs lol and I feel pretty good rn ya no like my feet is lovin me i’m just chillin back no anything lol weeeee I’d get foot pain in regular shoes so I went deep on the mafate 3 cause it has the most cushion love it great road shoe

i use the stinson (i think) trail on the road mostly, it seems to be the same shoe but the outsole is harder and lasts longer, though it weighs more. I really like the shoe. They are ok on trails but kind of tippy

have the Stinson Tarmac and Bondi trail shoe - yes, the only visible difference is the lugs, and I don’t notice a difference on the road… the first few runs in the Bondi the shoe felt sticky on the road, but now I guess it’s worn down enough…

I have run the Stinson trail on the road a ton. Actually prefer them. The wear is fine. Like was said before, I think, the only difference between the Trail and the Tarmac is the tread design.

I use the Stintons exclusively for my long runs - trail and road. They are cut slightly different around the ankle from their other styles and they are the only one’s I can wear. The soles are not so aggressive (like some Inov-8s I have) where it becomes an issue on the roads.