Hoka customer support

Have the Bondii for long runs on old legs. Bought the Clifton ,same size 11.5 for faster running in Sprint tris. OK with heavy socks . Way too wide with bare feet. Contacted Hoka. Problem is lateral structure on narrow feet. They sent me the Huaka size 11. Perfect! Really comfortable with a nice lacing system included. That’s the way to run a business. Excellent shoes for old legs with lots of miles on them at age 75.

Agreed. I had sizing issues when they wend from the Bondi to the Bondi B. Contacted Hoka and in spite of several runs in the Bondi Bs, they sent me a new pair in the right size.

My one experience with their customer support had me very favorably impressed.

My one experience with their customer support had me very favorably impressed.

X2

Did they make you pay for the return shipping?

I am on my 4th set of HOKA. All around I have been very happy with them.

I picked up a pair of Stintson’s as a cushioned running shoe to allow me to get back to running while recovering from a foot injury. I figured I would use them for low mileage, low speed runs while recovering and when 100% I would go back to my old standbys ( Altra Instinct 3.0 and Saucany Kniarva 5 for longer runs and races on pavement and Newton Mv2 for short course races and NB MT 110s for trail running)

I found I really like running in the HOKAS. I picked up a pair of the now discontinued Rapa Nui 2 road shoes and they became my 70.3 and up race distance shoe. I ran my way through 2 pairs of these.

I Picked up a pair of BONDI 3 and found they required a little more breaking in than I would have liked. The mouth of the shoe was kinda hard against my ankle. I ended up using tape under my sock to stop my skin from getting chafed badly until it softened up after about 100 miles of running in them.

I figured I would try the Clifton as a race day shoe to replace the now defunct Rapa Nui 2. I was super impressed with the lightness and the ability to absorb shock with the Clifton. BUT once I ran beyond 7 miles in them the left one would start producing a blister behind the ball of my foot. The right one would cause discomfort on my outside toes (little and the next one) I have been running my whole life and I know how to take care of my feet and use good socks. I haven’t had a blister on one of my feet from running in decades. BUT… I figured they just needed to maybe “break in” I was so happy with my previous Hoka experiences that I allowed this to cloud my better judgment. I took it slow and used them for shorter runs 5 to 7 miles to try save them for race days. NEVER AGAIN

I probably have just over 300 miles on them TOTAL. Limited training miles, one Marathon in May and a 70.3 I just did on June 20th. Now I have them “broken in” and they feel good on my feet BUT but after looking at them after finishing a 70.3 the sole is just about shredded. FYI I am no tiny guy (5 foot 10 and 178lbs) BUT I have good running form, I usually wear out a shoes upper way before the sole is worn down to nothing.

I think I may still keep a pair of HOKAS in my rotation for long slow distance and recovery day shoes. Maybe a a Stintson Light or a Conquest, BUT I think for race day I am back in Saucany’s.

They sent me a return label.