Heat Prep Benefits when living in the heat

I’ve read numerous things about the benefit of heat prep and am wondering how much benefit I’ll see from doing a specific block.

I already live on the gulf coast of FL so am exposed to some pretty terrible heat and humidity during the summer, so wondering if I’ll see much of an added benefit from specific work.

My friend let me borrow one of those core sensor devices that I’ve been wearing for a week but interestingly I’ve noticed that even when I train outside (in 80+ degrees 75+ dew) / inside with no fans on the trainer, it’s very difficult for me to get into their prescribed heat zone without feeling sick.

My understanding is that the two primary benefits of heat work are increased sweat rate and increased blood volume. I have a pretty high sweat rate as it is — on the trainer with no fan doing a 69 min aerobic ride I’ll lose around 4 pounds. TBH I’m not sure I want my sweat rate any higher as it’s already hard to replace that much fluid. Just curious of peoples thoughts.

I have trained in Florida summers for close to 15 years. I’ve always seen a major jump in speed in the cooler months along with lower HR, lower perceived exertion, better recovery, and marathon PRs, specifically off the bike during Ironman races.

From Google,

Heat acclimatization is a true phenomenon! In fact, heat training has been called the “poor man’s altitude training”. Both heat training and altitude training have similar effects on the body. When one goes up to altitude, there is less oxygen in the air. Therefore, the blood carries less oxygen to the working muscles. Over time, the body increases its blood volume so that it can transport more oxygen at one time. Similarly, with heat training, blood is redirected to the surface of the skin to facilitate cooling. In this process, less blood can carry oxygen to the muscles. To adapt to the heat, the body increases its volume of blood so it can bring more oxygen to the muscles. Therefore, both altitude training and heat training increase blood volume to facilitate oxygen transport. Different types of training, but similar effects!