Head Down, Eyes to the Future

Originally published at: Head Down, Eyes to the Future – Slowtwitch Blog

Welcome to the newer slowtwitch.com. I am super excited to bring this new updated site to you, our entrusted community members.  This update has been a crucial step for us for many reasons, but at the heart of those reasons was the importance of ensuring that we, the stewards of the site, continue to provide the best experience for our dedicated members. As you know, Slowtwitch.com has long been the gold standard, and trusted source for news, tech reviews, training tips and many more informational articles. The popularity of our forum stands alone as the largest community gathering place in our sport. 

This update isn’t just about a fresh look—it’s about enhancing our community’s experience, ensuring you have access to the most relevant and engaging content, and building a more connected and engaging community.

As we launch this new online experience we hope you enjoy some of the things we and our partners at www.federated.computer have spent countless hours working on over the last year. 

Now enough about why this was important for us. Below are some of the highlights of things that will be important for you. 

1.     Improved User Experience: We’ve streamlined the site to make it faster, easier to navigate, and more accessible across all devices. Whether you’re browsing on your phone during a training break or checking race reports from your laptop, the updated design ensures a seamless experience not only for the seasoned slowtwitch user but also the first timer that now joins us. 

2.     Enhanced Visual Content and Engagement: Our team is committed to delivering the latest and most insightful content. We are truth tellers as well as visual content creators. With this update, we’ve made it easier for our staff to write and share these, so that you can find the stories, expert advice, and training guides you care about. You’ll notice a more intuitive layout that highlights the most important and interesting content we can find on this space and I’m very excited to be able to share photos that are larger than 200K in size.

3.     Better Search Visibility: The update also helps us stay ahead of the curve with search engines. This means that when new athletes are looking for reliable information and community support, they find us quickly, allowing our community to grow and diversify.

4.     New Features and Tools: We’re excited to bring you new features that enhance your experience. From a more interactive forum to new tools that we will be rolling out in the coming weeks and months. 

5.     Building a Stronger Community: At the heart of Slowtwitch is you, our community. The updated platform fosters easier interactions, better discussions, and a more engaging environment. You’ll notice that we are bridging the gap between the home page and the forum. Making sure that we can leverage the user knowledge base for all. We have even bigger and better plans for the forum that will make it simpler than ever to connect with fellow athletes, share experiences, and build relationships that extend beyond the digital realm.

6.     The Shop: We are commenting to help the user have the best possible purchasing experience possible so that they can have more time to not only train but spend more time with family, loved ones and community members.

The update to slowtwitch.com is not just about keeping up with the times—it’s about looking ahead and ensuring that we continue to serve you, our valued readers, with the best possible platform in endurance sports. We hope you enjoy the new and improved experience and look forward to your feedback as we continue to evolve and grow together.

Yours in sport and life–

Eric Wynn

2 Likes

The one thing I hope gets added is a like button.

5 Likes

And here you are… With some “Likes” already :slight_smile:

I really like Slowtwitch. The coverage, the interviews, the reviews, the information from the forums, the community. If this new format helps make all this better, good for us all.

I must say, however, that the new font is really hard on the old eye. The previous font was more relaxed, comfortable.

all my saved links are gone, that’s a pity

1 Like