Has Anyone Checked on CNN Lately?

I wish this had come out sooner because I can’t tell you the amount of bleach I drank over the last few years.

https://www.cnn.com/...interview/index.html

Trump and bleach

Biden repeated his familiar claim that Trump “is a guy who told us to put bleach in our arms to deal with Covid.”

Facts First: Biden’s claim is misleading. Trump never portrayed his ill-informed and widely denounced musings about using disinfectants to address Covid-19 as advice to Americans. Rather, Trump was talking about the possibility of scientists conducting tests of this idea.

Trump made his remarks, at a press briefing in April 2020 after Bill Bryan, the acting undersecretary of science and technology for the Department of Homeland Security, outlined tests in which he said sunlight or disinfectants like bleach and isopropyl alcohol quickly killed the coronavirus on surfaces and in saliva.

When Trump jumped shortly afterward to the dangerous idea of injecting disinfectants inside people’s bodies, he said: “And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So we’ll see.”

Trump’s comments were slammed by medical experts as highly dangerous, and they prompted urgent warnings from public health authorities and companies that sell household disinfectants. But he never actually said he was suggesting citizens go and use such products.

Given how bad it has been recently for the Biden campaign, it is always good to be reminded just how horrible Trump was.

The fact that this statement from an American President during a worldwide pandemic needed clarification is damning enough.

I would think.

But he never actually said he was suggesting citizens go and use such products.

This is, unfortunately, the formula.

Say something that hasn’t been thought out, or that was deliberately divisive or dangerous, or that was just plain stupid, and then come back later and say “Well, I never actually specifically said x. I can’t help it if my dipshit followers all interpreted it in the obvious way and did something stupid.”

“I never actually said that MAGA followers should grab women by the pussy.”

“I never actually said that the hurricane did damage all the way into the extra area I marked with a sharpie.”

“I never actually explicitly said that people should storm the capitol.”

Thank you for that insightful clarification. We all know what he said. He’s a fucking ignorant, stupid moronic, idiot.

And he lies, non stop. But Biden said something that’s misleading so he’s basically just as bad as Trump.

Got it.

Daniel Dale has been doing pretty fair fact checking at CNN for many years now. While your title doesn’t specifically claim that this is not the case, it’s does seem to imply that this is what your intention was.

Thank you for that insightful clarification. We all know what he said. He’s a fucking ignorant, stupid moronic, idiot.

What did President Trump say?
During Thursday’s White House coronavirus task force briefing, an official presented the results of US government research that indicated coronavirus appeared to weaken more quickly when exposed to sunlight and heat.
The study also showed bleach could kill the virus in saliva or respiratory fluids within five minutes and isopropyl alcohol could kill it even more quickly.
“So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light,” the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn’t been checked but you’re going to test it.
“And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting,” the president continued.
"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?
“So it’d be interesting to check that.”
Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: “I’m not a doctor. But I’m, like, a person that has a good you-know-what.”
He turned again to Dr Birx and asked if she had ever heard of using “the heat and the light” to treat coronavirus.

Great example of the Dunning Kruger Effect. Spare a thought for Dr. Birx who had to deal with him.

And you posted this why?

Biden said he suggested that people inject bleach. In reality he suggested that they inject disinfectant.

Yeah that’s crazy different.

Biden is such a liar.

Do the big “dewormer” lie again, while we’re going over greatest hits!

Biden said he suggested that people inject bleach. In reality he suggested that they inject disinfectant.

Yeah that’s crazy different.

Biden is such a liar.

I’m still really struggling to see the point of this thread. Is this supposed to be evidence of Biden’s senility? And based on this, I guess Trump isn’t such a bad guy? Next DJRed will remind us that Trump misspoke in Helsinki, and actually DID mean to say “Putin says it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it WOULDN’T be.”

In fact, let’s turn this thread into defending all the batshit crazy things Trump has said or done, and encourage people to vote for him!

I’ll start:

I’m sure Trump didn’t actually sexually assault that woman. I mean, for one, she’s not even his type, and two, he never met her before.

Go!

No it’s a whatabout. Biden “lied” about what Trump said. Thus Biden is a horrible human being and just as bad as Trump. So it’s ok for him to vote for Trump.

All you tool bags in this thread blinded by your bias literally ignored the name of the thread, “Has Anyone Checked on CNN Lately?”

The post is about CNN.

It’s not a backhanded justification of Trump. It’s not a backdoor justification of anything he said.

It’s not a whataboutism.

It’s about CNN having to type the words: “Biden’s claim is misleading” and “(Trump) never actually said he was suggesting citizens go and use such products.”

Words are hard, I know. I’ll start slower.

See spot run.

Run spot run.

It’s consistent with what appears to be their push to get Biden to step aside.

You also can’t discount the left’s obsession with fairness. They fact check Trump, so they feel the need to fact check Biden too.

All you tool bags in this thread blinded by your bias literally ignored the name of the thread, “Has Anyone Checked on CNN Lately?”

The post is about CNN.

It’s not a backhanded justification of Trump. It’s not a backdoor justification of anything he said.

It’s not a whataboutism.

It’s about CNN having to type the words: “Biden’s claim is misleading” and “(Trump) never actually said he was suggesting citizens go and use such products.”

Words are hard, I know. I’ll start slower.

See spot run.

Run spot run.

I ca’t speak for everyone else, but I’m still missing your point.

It seems he’s astounded that a news organization that’s believed by the MAGA cult to be filled only with liberal propaganda, could actually fact check Biden. Maybe if he pulled his head out of the right wing media bubble he lives in, he’d learn that there are some half decent journalists out there who don’t simply lie to their audience.

Watch all the leaks and undermining start coming out from the dems to force Biden out. If he won’t willingly step down they will do everything they can to destroy him.

You can already start to see it happening in the media…

What I see is a nitwit who ‘both sideses’ and ‘whatabouts’ in every post he makes. Probably trying to justify to himself why he votes the way he votes.

CNN felt the need to fact check Biden for saying bleach instead of disinfectant. Wow.

CNN did not feel the need to fact check any of Trumps multitude of lies he spewed during the debate.

Watch all the leaks and undermining start coming out from the dems to force Biden out. If he won’t willingly step down they will do everything they can to destroy him.

You can already start to see it happening in the media…

I expect them to start talking about Hunter’s laptop any day now.

It’s about CNN having to type the words: “Biden’s claim is misleading” …

And you are surprised by that? CNN has fact checked Biden many times

https://www.cnn.com/politics/fact-check

CNN often calls out Biden’s misleading claims, if you think they don’t you might want to actually check their website occasionally instead of relying on spin from the MAGA echo chamber.

The reason there are fewer fact checks of Biden overall is because he lies less than the leader of the GOP.