Good dessert to bring hiking

I’m doing a sunset hike tomorrow with friends and said I would bring dessert. What’s a good hiking dessert? (My friend is bringing dinner).

In New England our favorite was whoopie pies. They are fairly resilient to getting jostled during the hike. Should also survive this heat. Whole Foods sometimes has them.

Hostess cupcakes …they come in plastic protectors

Fig Newton’s? Maybe pack them in a Pringles can so they travel better.

Chocolate chip cookies, the gooey type

Hostess cupcakes …they come in plastic protectors
You’re a monster…

Depends on the persons…

If they really want a dessert, something homemade is always best. Although, Ike (as usual) has a phenomenal idea in whoopie pies: God, I love them!

Now, you really wanna be thought of as the most amazing snack supplier ever? Bring ice cream bars. Nothing is better after a hard, hot effort! (Almost seems like I’m contradicting myself, but whatever…)

I’d recommend the Heath- Klondike bars. If you haven’t had 'em, you may not go back to anything else!

Above all: have fun with it!

• Jeff

Fig Newton’s? Maybe pack them in a Pringles can so they travel better.

Fig newton’s?

Deduct three points

Depends on the persons…

If they really want a dessert, something homemade is always best. Although, Ike (as usual) has a phenomenal idea in whoopie pies: God, I love them!

Now, you really wanna be thought of as the most amazing snack supplier ever? Bring ice cream bars. Nothing is better after a hard, hot effort! (Almost seems like I’m contradicting myself, but whatever…)

I’d recommend the Heath- Klondike bars. If you haven’t had 'em, you may not go back to anything else!

• Jeff

It’s July and she doesn’t live in Canada those things will melt

Im thinking travel sturdy treats. Hostess cupcakes do not qualify. Also, how far are we hiking and what’s the weather? How many.people are we supplying? If you’re game, throw a cantaloupe and a knife in your pack.

Im thinking travel sturdy treats. Hostess cupcakes do not qualify. Also, how far are we hiking and what’s the weather? How many.people are we supplying? If you’re game, throw a cantaloupe and a knife in your pack.

We have 3.5 hours from our pass entry time to sunset. Will bring headlamps just in case. Two - three people. High altitude to attempt to escape the heat. Should be 70 ish that high hopefully. 7 miles ish.

We have 3.5 hours from our pass entry time to sunset. Will bring headlamps just in case. Two - three people. High altitude to attempt to escape the heat. Should be 70 ish that high hopefully. 7 miles ish.

Very helpful information- thanks! I’m guessing a group of well above average fitness, and savvy to endurance activities. My go to on long rides and such was brown sugar/cinnamon pop tarts. Delicious, and enough carb/fat to hang in there a while. And bring beef jerky.

I’d make rice krispie squares. Cannot be ruined if squished & better when warm. If you want to be fancy, throw in some chocolate chips.

S’mores

or

Weed brownies

Depends on the persons…

• Jeff

It’s July and she doesn’t live in Canada those things will melt
There’s these newfangled things called a cooler. Pretty impressive technology…

Fresh fruit salad mix with a touch of OJ. Can pack in thermos, or insulated water bottle, and or freeze/chill ahead of time.

fresh washington state cherries

Definitely s’mores over a backpacking stove

Blondies and brownies. They survive better than chocolate chip cookies. Pack them in a hard plastic containers.

I’d make rice krispie squares. Cannot be ruined if squished & better when warm. If you want to be fancy, throw in some chocolate chips.

That is what I was going to suggest for the same reason. And you don’t have to use the plain rice krispies. There are chocolate and fruit flavored too.