Going to test drive an F150 Lightning Flash tomorrow

Dave, the thing is that I find the size of the 150 to be ridiculous. On top of that, with a 5’5 bed, it’s not really made for carrying things.

I saw a gardener in my Long Island neighborhood the other day with a 20 or so year old 150. Back then they made pickups for working men. This truck isn’t all jacked up with giant tires and it has a 8 ft bed.

It seems to me that as pickups became less for the working man, and more for people who think they look cool driving a pickup, they’ve become much bigger, higher and useless.

I want an EV. I’d love a decent sized EV pickup but it doesn’t exist. If I do take the Blazer EV, it will be on a 2 or 3 year lease with hopes that what I want will came along in that time.

I was looking at Youtube videos and the Blazer EV is getting a lot of love at the current prices.

I’ll be leasing a Blazer EV. We drove it yesterday and it is a whole lot of EV for the money. They are offering great 2 year leases so I’m taking them up on one.

The software issues are behind them for the most part and it’s an awesome car to drive. I drove it in Radiant Red and it’s a real looker! It’s got enough room to get me by for a couple of years. It’s really solid at 70 mph, the practical limit for EV range, very comfortable and even the lowest level, the LT, is full of features. I think the Mach E is faster but this one is plenty fast.

It will be fun to own and after looking at it from all angles while we were there, we both agreed that it should be called the Camaro EV!

The red one sold after we left. They are looking for another one but I think I’ll have it very soon.

If you ended up going with a Blazer, why didn’t you even bother looking at the EV9? At roughly the same price range given how much Kia is discounting the thing, the EV9 is even more EV for the money.

I looked at the EV9 two times, but never drove it. The three row seating is weird if you don’t want to carry people. The middle row doesn’t lay flat or fold over at all, and with the rear seat down you only have 48 inches behind the second row compared to 70 inches in the RaV and over 6 ft in the Blazer. If you take the mid row seats out, you have to store them someplace and you now have a weird set-up with the tracks in the floor, then a step up to the folded rear seats and then if you use the third row seat your passengers are a mile away from the driver.

It’s also more expensive than any of the other EV cars. And one dealer told me that he couldn’t do $15,000 off never mind the $20,000 that I see people saying online.

The EV9 is a futuristic minivan, the Camaro, excuse me I meant Blazer is a retro sports sedan that so far seems to do everything I want. If it doesn’t, well I’m only leasing it for 2 years.

Okay, but there are tons of Telsa Model Y competitors beside the Blazer. Sure the Blazer appears to be a winner for Chevy, but there is also the EV6 if you don’t like the EV9 or the Ioniq 5 or the ID.4.

It’s a done deal!

While Iwas working outside this morning, my wife made a smoking deal with another dealer. It’s all set, we pick it up Thursday!

Congrats. Did you get it in red?

Cannot wait to hear how putting the heavier suspension on it works to help you haul those heavy and long loads you could not get in the electric F-150

1 Like

Congrats on a new car addition!

Visually, other than the narrow headlight and grille area, I don’t think anyone’s mistaking it for a Camaro :rofl:

1 Like

Replying to the last three posts;

Yes, it’s Radiant Red! It’s a very good looking in Car.

This being a car, I don’t expect it to haul stuff. I can deal with its limitations. If I was buying a truck, I’d expect it to perform like a truck

And finally once you start seeing these Blazer EV’s live, you’ll see that there is no resemblance to any Blazer ever made, but just like the Mach E isn’t a Mustang but copies enough of the Mustang shape and visual features, this car has the shape of the Camaro and the sportiness. The coolest things are the dashboard and rear seat air vents that look like they came out of 60’s Chevy muscle car.

I’ll try to post a few pics when I get it.

Did you look at the Equinox EV its even cheaper lease right now.

The software issues are not behind them, but the big one of the car not even running is mostly fixed… LOL

I may be leasing an Equinox EV come March, depending on what deals are still available.

Yeah, I very much got the sense, you just don’t like the big truck, and that the capacity was not really the issue. Not sure what the bed length on the SIlverado ev is. but I think that has the midgate that folds down.

I dont know a single person who owns a pickup truck that does not use it for the pickup part of it. Now I know a lot of Truck SUV owners who own them cause their big safe and rarely use the space or capacity of the thing.

So what’s your lease rate? how much down?

Did you look at the Honda Prologue thats the Blazer, but badged a Honda, without the GM software. When first launched it was less than the Blazer and worked, a very odd situation.

Congrat’s hope you enjoy it and

I’ve been pretty clear that I don’t like the giant pickups with the tiny beds and that they are image over functionality

However I saw the Silverado EV at the dealer and it is a really good looking truck. I don’t think it will happen but if they offer a smaller version in two years, I might be signing up for another lease.

There was an Equinox at the dealer. It’s a nice car but the Blazer is a much nicer car. In the Radiant Red color that I’m getting, it’s like big EV version of teenage boys dream car come true.

I don’t like to put exact prices on the internet but the first deal was $1000 down and over $400 per month plus MV fees. The new deal is for the same down and significantly lower monthly including MV fees

I’ll let you know if I have any big software problems, but the lease is only for 24 months. If there are problems I won’t have to suffer for too long.

Having worked on all of them, They look the same to me… LOL

So 10k mile lease, employee discount, employee certifi, lease loyalty, costco. I can get a (well I can’t as I dont have the certifi worth about $!000 (equinox ev $222, $299 for blazer)

I looked at the EQ and it’s a nice car. The Blazer is a better car. The one advantage that the EQ has is a higher rear door so you can put bigger things inside, but I liked the Blazer way better.

From what I’ve seen on the Blazer forum, the people who got their cars after the ‘‘Stop Sale’’ order aren’t having major software issues. And it looks like GM is very serious about the transition to EV. I just saw this article with the CEO telling salaried workers is they are not on board to get out of the way;

Oddly the Equinox has more room inside than the Blazer. the only expection being cargo space with the 2nd row seats folded, other than that pretty much every interior dimension is bigger than the blazer.

Yeah had lunch with a couple yesterday, not much new actually inside the company, they keep turning the screws harder and harder, hoping employees leave so they don’t have to do big layoffs every year. Just let 1000 software people go, and they were not people working on old code or non-ev stuff.

The software side is mess, they just keep delaying stuff cause they don’t have enough people. Big push on the monetizing software, get you into a subscription one way or another.

Reading an GM EV review (forget which one) but they were talking about how the nav requires a monthly internet access fee. Okay no biggie I’ll just use my phone, Oh wait they are getting rid of carplay and auto… so do you think they will let you attach your phone and get out of paying that monthly fee? Time will tell.

Today’s the day. We’ll be leaving at 10 to pick ti up at 11 then I’ll have a nice ride home in my new Blazer EV! Tomorrow I’ll take it to the Chargepoint charger 5 miles away to get ready for the 3 hour ride to home. By the time I get home I’ll have a good idea what the car is like.

I have a list of things to check printed and I’ve written some questions before we drive away with the car.

It’s going to be a great day!

1 Like

Before you drop that kind of coin shouldn’t you already know what kind of car it will be?

What kind of coin? This is the least expensive car I’ve ever gotten. It’s a lease but it’s like they are giving them away.

It seems to me you’d want to know “what kind of car it is” before you signed on the dotted line.