Give me your food/drink/coffee recs in Madison

Heading up for 70.3 Wisconsin next week and I’d love some local food scene recs. Just my wife and I. We’re staying right by the race and it looks like there are lots of options within walking distance. Thanks!

You might have some good replies in the Lavender Room.

More of a post race meal, but try Ian’s Pizza. State Street is where the college kids hang out, so this time of year it will be busy.

Marigold Kitchen for breakfast
All the food carts are great for lunch
Nattspil for dinner or the Tornado steak house for, you know, steak
RED for sushi
A little further away, on Williamson st. you can check out the Weary Traveler or Pig in a Fur Coat for dinner, Lazy Janes for breakfast

Bassett Street Brunch Club has hearty breakfast options and reasonable prices. Right next to Machinery Row Bike Shop is a French place that has good food for brunch and dinner.

Collectivo or wonderstate for coffee right on the square are great.
Marigold is a solid recommendation

Highly highly recommend Gotham street bagels- - honestly the best breakfast sandwiches in the city

Booked an Italian place called Cento for pre-race dinner. Looks like a decent option for pasta or pizza?

There you go, you have done it again. Helpful, as usual :wink:

Cento also excellent choice for pizza, pasta, wine.

Cento also excellent choice for pizza, pasta, wine.

Thanks everyone for the info! Experience the local food/drink scene is one of my favorite parts of racing. We’ve got Chattanooga dialed but I’ve never been to Madison. Heard great things!

Jbc Coffee Roasters
Wonderstate

Both world class specialty coffee.

There you go, you have done it again. Helpful, as usual :wink:

He’s consistent if nothing else.