GearHeads little help please on changing 1x to 2x on gravel bike

Trek Checkpoint SL7 scram e tap 1x12. Would like to go to double crank. What I am reading nothing on my current setup will work on just changing the cranks. Pretty much need to change to a whole new group. So the bottom bracket, chain, rear derailleur and cassette are not compatible…… right. Thanks for the help

Trek Checkpoint SL7 scram e tap 1x12. Would like to go to double crank. What I am reading nothing on my current setup will work on just changing the cranks. Pretty much need to change to a whole new group. So the bottom bracket, chain, rear derailleur and cassette are not compatible…… right. Thanks for the help

Yeah, if you have the Eagle AXS rear derailleur, that’s not going to work great with 2x. So you’d want something like the Force RD, a cassette that works with Force. Quite likely that the chain length will need changing, hence the new chain.

I don’t know about bottom bracket. If your current setup has the Force 1, it might use the older GXP bottom bracket standard, and you could need to change it to DUB for an AXS 2x crank.

Co-sign all of the above, and yes, the stock crank on that bike is GXP so new BB will be necessary if you swap cranks.