French toast, waffles, or pancakes?

I finally made homemade maple syrup (after two failed attempts) and my dad requested waffles for dinner. I prefer pancakes if I really want to taste the syrup because it soaks in better than waffles, but french toast is obviously the superior of the three.

We’ll do waffles for dinner since that’s what dad wants, and I might use the waffle batter to make myself a pancake instead.

What say you, LR?

The answer is always french toast.

Although, every time I have a waffle, I end up really happy that I did.

Pancakes I’m not a huge fan of.

• Jeff

If all 3 options are available

1- French toast
2- waffle
3- pancake

But I’ll take any of the 3 and not complain!

I finally made homemade maple syrup (after two failed attempts) and my dad requested waffles for dinner. I prefer pancakes if I really want to taste the syrup because it soaks in better than waffles, but french toast is obviously the superior of the three.

We’ll do waffles for dinner since that’s what dad wants, and I might use the waffle batter to make myself a pancake instead.

What say you, LR?

But waffles has those natural syrup traps.

And yes, french toast is the winner here.

https://www.recipegirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/Sweet-Milk-Waffles-1.jpeg

waffle gets notable mention for maximizing surface area for butter and syrup application

I’ve added “syrup trap” to my lexicon.

I’ll go with:

French Toast, then waffles, then pancakes.

My college-aged daughter says pancakes, then waffles, then french toast.

My daughter was raised all wrong, apparently.

I could never get past the toast dipped in eggs for French toast. And yes, certain foods can be nearly contiguous to, but may not touch other foods on the plate.

So only waffles and pancakes for me.

Waffles are usually dressed up with more toppings than pancakes, but I like both.

I could never get past the toast dipped in eggs for French toast. And yes, certain foods can be nearly contiguous to, but may not touch other foods on the plate.

Try using bread instead of toast…

Good restaurant French toast is great, but I haven’t been able to reproduce at home. But I have a killer yeast based waffle recipe and a Belgian waffle maker. Great when paired with homemade strawberry compote and whipped cream.

So at home it is waffles, pancakes then french toast. That can change if eating out.

French Toast - Schmear of Ricotta, freshly sliced ripe peaches and banana, drizzle of honey.

Pancakes - slab of butter, warmed homemade maple syrup.

Waffles - Meh!

French toast with xextra sharp cheddar or perhaps harvarti and real cinnamon

If we assume equivalent quality, then you’ve got them in the right order. French toast, then waffles, then pancakes. However, I’ve had waffles and French toast that were bad and pancakes that were awesome.

Make sure you include a little vanilla in your waffle batter.

French Toast, only if made with a good Challah type bread. Then good waffle then pancakes. Then you could technically add crepes…

Dead heat between French toast and Belgian waffle.

French toast wins if it’s matched against standard/American waffle.

Pancakes are firmly in third place (still good, no complaints, but definitely the lanterne rouge).

None. I don’t like any of them.

I generally agree with the majority here of french toast, waffles then pancakes. The obvious exception is blueberry pancakes, which are #1.

French Toast, only if made with a good Challah type bread. Then good waffle then pancakes. Then you could technically add crepes…

I put crepes in a different category bc I don’t eat them with syrup. Those are a nutella or strawberries/whipped cream thing for me. The others I eat with syrup.

French toast made with panettone is so freaking delicious.

But I will gladly eat all 3. I make pancakes for my kids on the first Sunday of every month.

Don’t care to get down on any of them but if I had to choose which formulation of flour, butter, and corn syrup I’m making myself sick on, gimme a hot stack.

Wife just made me breakfast for dinner. Grilled sliced ham, velveeta cheese, and fried egg sandwich. Heavenly.

Gimme eggs and meat over starch breakfast any day.