Former Pro cyclist Rohan Dennis arrested after death of wife

What was going on here?

https://www.9news.com.au/national/medindie-woman-dies-after-being-hit-by-car-in-adelaide-man-known-to-her-charged/a0c4746d-c4b1-40c2-b9c0-64deee19dccd

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103275894

Just read this and was about to post here about it as well.
He has not been charged with manslaughter or murder (yet……that could change). But the fact that charges have been laid so soon here in Australia suggests there was more to it than a tragic accident.

What a terrible story all around and my heart is with those children. Whatever happened, what a tragic loss of life.

Edit to remove the backstory as to what supposedly happened. I’d rather not speculate on hearsay in such a shit situation.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-sa/new-details-on-olympic-cyclist-melissa-hoskins-death-at-medindie-before-husband-rohan-dennis-charged/news-story/94861a392961a907cd73a1d67ddf5e2d
Harrowing new details have emerged of the final moments involving former world champion cyclist and Olympian Rohan Dennis and his wife near their affluent Adelaide home.
Mother-of-two Melissa Hoskins, 32, died on Saturday night after she was struck by a dark grey Volkswagen Amarok V6 ute on Avenel Gardens Rd, Medindie.
The Advertiser understands police will allege Ms Hoskins, also a retired professional cyclist and Olympian, jumped onto the car bonnet and then grabbed at a door handle.
Officers will allege Mr Dennis, 33, continued to drive the family vehicle until she fell to the ground. Police believe she may have been dragged some distance along the leafy street, located in one of the state’s most affluent suburbs in Adelaide’s inner north.
It is believed some of the incident was caught on neighbours’ security cameras.
It is unclear what sparked the incident but police say investigations are ongoing.

I feel awful for their children. They’ve effectively lost both parents.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/...a907cd73a1d67ddf5e2d
Harrowing new details have emerged of the final moments involving former world champion cyclist and Olympian Rohan Dennis and his wife near their affluent Adelaide home.
Mother-of-two Melissa Hoskins, 32, died on Saturday night after she was struck by a dark grey Volkswagen Amarok V6 ute on Avenel Gardens Rd, Medindie.
The Advertiser understands police will allege Ms Hoskins, also a retired professional cyclist and Olympian, jumped onto the car bonnet and then grabbed at a door handle.
Officers will allege Mr Dennis, 33, continued to drive the family vehicle until she fell to the ground. Police believe she may have been dragged some distance along the leafy street, located in one of the state’s most affluent suburbs in Adelaide’s inner north.
It is unclear what sparked the incident but police say investigations are ongoing.

What a total dipstick. If he really did all of that, he needs to be charged with murder, convicted, and put in the electric chair.

Are we reading this correctly? Wife jumps onto hood of car for whatever reasons, husband just drives and then she falls off and the way she fell off she got dragged under vehicle? This is insane on so many levels. Hopefully extended family can raise the kids. This is tragic.

Thanks. Can someone translate this or maybe paraphrase what’s insinuated here?

I think “bonnet” is a hood? So as far as physical acts, if it started with her jumping onto the car hood, that doesn’t sound like the best decision no matter what else was happening… Seems like RD is considered at fault here, so presumably the car wasn’t already moving or was just starting to move when she jumped and he kept driving with her on the hood, which ended up killing her?

Pretty terrible for everyone, especially children and the rest of the family.

Are we reading this correctly? Wife jumps onto hood of car for whatever reasons, husband just drives and then she falls off and the way she fell off she got dragged under vehicle? This is insane on so many levels. Hopefully extended family can raise the kids. This is tragic.

Truly, this is indeed insane on many levels, and very, very tragic.

What would you do if someone randomly jumped onto your car hood/bonnet?

Well since you replied to me, obviously with a person on the hood/bonnet, bring the car to the quickest safest stop possible assuming my car is already in motion

Well since you replied to me, obviously with a person on the hood/bonnet, bring the car to the quickest safest stop possible assuming my car is already in motion

Uh, no. If someone jumped onto your car you would attempt some type of evasive action to get them off.

Uh, no. If someone jumped onto your car you would attempt some type of evasive action to get them off.

Uh, no, if it was someone I knew, wife in particular, then no, I wouldn’t be taking “evasive action” to get them off.
Some random stranger who was threatening my safety, yes, this particular situation, no.

Uh, no, if it was someone I knew, wife in particular, then no, I wouldn’t be taking “evasive action” to get them off.
Some random stranger who was threatening my safety, yes, this particular situation, no.

Was just about to post the same… evasive action to shake off the mrs? Don’t think so

In a normal situation your Mrs. wouldn’t be jumping on the hood, right?

We’re clearly missing a lot of details. But I’m reminded of Eldric running into a tree after Elin took a golf club to his suburban.

How did ST become a place where people discuss whether or not, to shake the wifey off the hood of your truck, by hitting the gas pedal?

In a normal situation your Mrs. wouldn’t be jumping on the hood, right?

We’re clearly missing a lot of details. But I’m reminded of Eldric running into a tree after Elin took a golf club to his suburban.

How did ST become a place where people discuss whether or not, to shake the wifey off the hood of your truck, by hitting the gas pedal?

Since RunnersWorld all bought Tesla Model 3s then there needed to be somewhere for the ICE crew to hang out.

Was just about to post the same… evasive action to shake off the mrs? Don’t think so

Let’s see how a scenario like this “may” play out.
Husband and wife have an argument.
Alcohol likely involved.
Husband goes to leave (maybe should not have been driving).
Wife attempts to stop him by standing in front of car, climbing on the hood/bonnet.
Husband drives off.
Wife falls/thrown from car.
Potentially run over or force of impact to kerb/road causes serious injuries.

There is a strong down under contingent here on ST who through contacts of contacts may have heard more than what is reported in the new. Could all be completely wrong though, just a plausible sequence of events.

My thoughts, as well.

A person died.

How about showing some respect. This has gotten extremely tabloid-y.
R.I.P.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/...a907cd73a1d67ddf5e2d

Like my mom has often said, it takes two to tango.