Fit4bike motion capture system

Any one have experience with the Spanish 3D motion capture system from fit4bike? It really looks quit interesting since it works with 4 cameras and you can measure front, both sides, back, top all without a rotating platform or anything.
http://www.fit4bike.com/en/node/310

The skeleton would be maybe nicer if would be an actual rider picture but overall the system looks nice and easy. Report output looks a bit retul-ish but nothimg wrong with that and completely brand independed.

It seems new so was wondering if there were any users with some feedback?

Thanks,

Jeroen
Tri-Run.com

we have at that Lab.
there are a lot of “issues”
longer learning cure than Retul - not as user friendly

no reflective surfaces
must tape and cover up bike parts/ trainer parts and anything that causes camera/system to mis read the actual reflective dots on rider

need lots of clear space to perform - best to have empty rooms of more than 12 x 12

pros - capture both sides at once

I use Retul bike capture part of Retul. Fit4Bike’s bike capture is not to my liking.

Thanks, that doesn’t sound too good.

Hideano, how old is your fit4bike system?

Thanks,

Jeroen

less than a year. using 6 camera system. different camera lenses to work with space here.

If you are not satisfied and want to sell the system i might be interested in trying this system i think we have a dedicated space that can work with the system.

gonna cost you a fortune. not sure if you are willing to pay that much.

A new system costs 11.000 so if you are not happy with it and it you sell it reasonable lower i might :slight_smile:

actually a bit more than that.

okay, in that case I might be better of by ordering a new system. thanks anyway for the info :slight_smile:

I have the system in my lab.
If you are interested, I could sell it to you.

I’m interested, if you have some pics you can send them to hilversum@tri-run.com. What is your and your studio name?

Actually I got the system a few months ago and it works perfectly, well yes you need some space to make it work, but as a bike fitter I really enjoy a big studio where I can watch the biker from a good distance (this makes it much easier). And yes all the reflections can affect the 3D motion campture but what can you spect in a system that is actually more acurate than Retul, covering the reflective parts is not much of an “issue”.

As a bike fitter I highly recomend the system, the software runs incredible, all the data it throws to you is acurate and actually more than you need; and as a sugestion, if you are intrested in buying it, its better if you go through the installation course, it is really easy but helps you to undestand all the system (that, now that I think of, its really friendly aswell).

When ever you want I can send you pictures and videos of fittings Ive been making and you can see for yourself how it works.

Ricardo C.

PS. Actually my clients love the skeleton graphic!

Thanks, If you could send em some pics and/or a video that would be assume. My dedicated space is 4.25 x 5.50 meters. I think that must be enough.
Can you send the pics and/or video to hilversum@tri-run.com

Much appreciated.

Jeroen

Yes ofcourse today Im gonna fit The ecuadorian national champ in XCO, ill send you some videos and pics!

That space is more than enough!

Ricardo C.

Cool, enjoy your fitting. Looking forward to hear and see from you.

best if that is open space—> no shelves, no desks and no mirrors.
otherwise reflections may occur
need to have at least 2.5 meters high

Already send some pics and videos, I took them with my cellphone so are not The best but you can have an idea, for any question just ask me!

Hello tri-run, we also use the Fit4Bike system. And we have very very good experience with the system. We were looking for an independent and objektiv system. And thats really what it is. I think the mentioned “issues” could be prevented in the right setting and by using the installation service. Pedro from fit4bike visited our company in Germany to install everything and to show us the complete workflow. That was perfekt and is of course necessary to get into such a complex and scientific tool. Of course sometimes things do not work like you expected - but thats the case with all kind of complex topics. The service of the guys from fit4bike and stt is always very fast and absolut professional. Up to now they solved every “issue” within one day. All of our team members got use to the workflow very fast. The system provides a very good routine to identify wrong reflecting parts by doing a snapshot at the beginning. So you immediately can hide them and start the capture. This takes me no minute! Maybe there was some misunderstanding or a problem in communication that caused the problems mentioned by hideano. For us the system was one of the best investments. The avatar and the very good report helps us a lot to transfer/visualizes the complex biomechanics of cycling to our costumers. Best regards Sebastian Mühlenhoff from www.iq-athletik.de / Germany

“We were looking for an independent and objektiv system. And thats really what it is.”

i have asked the folks at fit4bike how their system works. i haven’t gotten an answer back yet. perhaps you can help. specifically, it seems to me that there are 2 parts to a bike fit:

1. establish fit coordinates for the rider. what i mean is, the saddle is so high, so far back from the bb, the handlebars are placed here in space, this is how you ride your bike.

2. prescription: this could mean that these are the new parts you need to set up your existing bike to match these fit coordinates; or it could mean that your position is a perfect match for a specialized venge, size 56cm, 110mm stem, -6° pitch, 15mm of headset dust cover + spacers on a handlebar with a 70mm reach (or you’re a trek H2 geometry, or a cannondale supersix, etc.).

to me, that’s a bike fit (excluding pedal/shoe interface issues). what i’d like to know is:

1. does this system do that? does the tooling do that?

2. is there a “system” or “protocol” behind the tooling? or is it just the tooling? (which would be fine, then others would build a protocol for the tool).

3. is there something else this system does beyond my 2 points above?

can you help answer these questions?