Fit critique (11)

25.1mph average at 20k TT, but I think we left a lot on the table. There is another TT in 2 weeks that is almost twice the distance. This bike we are borrowing so I cant make too many modifications (already we are riding gatorskins 💩), but what is the low hanging fruit here? The stroker told me he didnt want to make me unconfortable after the ride by lowering his head, but that he will have to do next time. We can get a giro avantage 2 helmet, would that be better for me or stroker? I think the chain connecting me to him is loose too, is it supposed to be like that? I really have not much knowlege on tandems

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Pilot’s cranks are too long

Stoker

what dictates someones cranks are too long? ive always ridden 172.5, and I wont be able to swap these out anyways. seat, bars and simple stuff with allen key I can do here

what dictates someones cranks are too long? ive always ridden 172.5, and I wont be able to swap these out anyways. seat, bars and simple stuff with allen key I can do here

It might be the angle of the photo, but in the right pic it looks like your leg is at full extension with the crank at 5 o’clock.

As far as aero gains (besides the stoker): The aero helmet for the pilot (if you only have one), and aero clothing for both of you (skinsuits, or even a sleeved trisuit instead of jersey/bibs; aero socks/shoecovers; etc.).