Favorite stuff for a carb bottle IM/70.3 Bike Leg?

What do you put in a carb bottle? Particularly relevant now that liquids on the course aren’t going to have much carbs in them any more (with Mortal Hydration or PH 1000 replacing Gatorade Endurance.) What do you like, Maple Syrup? PFH Flow Gel? High concentrate Gatorade powder? Gu gel mixed with water?

Sugar + Sodium Citrate

Sugar + Sodium Citrate
This. Gatorade powder for flavor sometimes.

Coke. All 70g of carbohydrate and caffeine of it.

Sugar + Sodium Citrate

Do you have to heat/cook this for it to dissolve and stay suspended/dissolved? Or are you saying cold water, table sugar and sodium citrate shaken up for a few seconds will keep this mix together all day?

Sugar + Sodium Citrate

Do you have to heat/cook this for it to dissolve and stay suspended/dissolved? Or are you saying cold water, table sugar and sodium citrate shaken up for a few seconds will keep this mix together all day?

Shake it up and it’s fine.

I’ve never hit the dissolving limit on tap temperature water. Once it dissolves it stays that way.

I’ve never hit the dissolving limit on tap temperature water. Once it dissolves it stays that way.

How many grams of carbs in a 500ml bottle are you getting by doing this? PH Flow Gel does 300g of carbs so covers all the carbs I need for the whole bike leg. Maple Syrup is about the same.

Stealing this from Dr Harrison as he’s smarter than me and I just do whatever his Saturday App tells me to do.

“Upper limit practically appears to be about 250-350g in a 1L bottle depending on temperature of water used during dissolving.”

Maltodextrine + Gu Roctane. For a 140.6, I might make it a 1.5x strength solution so that I can extend the use of it by diluting with water, without making it too much of a gut bomb. It takes some trial and error to figure out how this sugary water you can tolerate

Here was my bike fuel for 70.3 Hawaii last weekend. On the bike 2 1L bottles each with 105grams of carbs via sugar, sodium citrate per Sweat loss rate, 200mg of caffeine. 1 50l bottle with water. 2 caffeinated PH gels. Put me right around 110/hr. Every aide station I went through grabbed a water drank about half of it squeezed other half on me. So right around 1500ml/hr in liquids give or take.

A SiS beta fuel 80gms of carbs sachet

My half IM bottle I “start with” has 4 scoops of Gatorade, 4 tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of table salt. Then I just take water off the course until that is down and after that take Gatorade off the course and generally have one cliff bar. Start run with a bottle of coke and then take whatever I get off the course and compliment with three gels.