Favorite Recovery Drink

I’ve never tried a recovery drink. Do you guys have a favorite to recommend? Are there major differences between them? I assume they’re just to help get what you need back into you after a workout. Thanks in advance.

Coca-cola.

Recoverite (Hammer Nutrition) when I’m feeling disciplined and righteous. Pepsi at all other times.

ice, 1/2 cup yogurt, banana, 3 strawberries, Narula soy

http://www.itmonline.org/jintu/narulasoy.htm

Recovery 321 following tempo & long stuff

CytoMax Recovery for power/speed stuff

Carb Boom recovery all the time

I’m not as young as I used to be & I have to recover better or train less :slight_smile:

Ultima Replenisher. Less calories than most. It has all the usual vitamins/minerals. Taste pretty good.

Not much of a consensus so far…but some good ideas. I especially like SAC’s answer.

Nestle’s low fat chocolate milk. Tastes great after a workout and has the ratio of 4:1 carbs to protein. And it’s alot more natural then the man made recovery drinks.

I will second the chocolate milk. It just taste so much better after a long day in the sun or a short day in the rain.

Chocolate milk. Seriously. It’s awesome and just the right mix of carbs and protein.

Endurox. I’ve tried a lot of other stuff, but endurox tastes the best (except lemon-lime, avoid that flavor) and has the best effects. as soon as i started using it, i stopped waking up the next morning with dead-leg feelings.

note: endurox sponsors my collegiate cycling team, so i get the product for free and don’t know what it costs.

Endurox (chocolate). Just make sure you get carbs with a little protien w/in 15 to 30 minutes after a workout and you will recover well.

singletrack

1-6 Fat Tire Ale’s and a cheeseburger, after 6 hours sucking on fruity gels, bars, and drinks, it’s all I think about

H

mmmmmm chocolate milk

pabst blue ribbon baby!!

I second the endurox chocolate - yummy!

Endurox - Fruit Punch. I only use it after intense workouts > 1 hour. I actually crave it during the workout, so it’s a nice reward afterwards. My kids love it too…as soon as I step in the door they’re begging for a sip!!

When I’m away from home, I do the chocolate milk thing.

Pleased to see all of the chocolate milk comments. Along with what I said above (Recoverite, Pepsi), I’ll add that every work day I bring a 1L jug of chocolate milk with soy added to it. 2% milk, about five tsp Nestle chocolate powder, 10-12 tsp Hammer Soy (any soy would do, I guess). At age 56, I figure I need some sort of recovery drink ALL the time!

chocolate milk