Fat Bike Shoes / boots in the cold

I am going to be at a ski resort for a week over the new year and think it would be fun to rent a fat bike - not looking for any hard riding just some fun as i no longer snowboard. With temps expected to be in the mid to low teens wonder what anyone that has done this recommends for boots to keep my toes from frostbite??

I like Kamik boots, relatively cheap, well insulated and tread works great on flat pedals. Probably on sale now.

I am going to be at a ski resort for a week over the new year and think it would be fun to rent a fat bike - not looking for any hard riding just some fun as i no longer snowboard. With temps expected to be in the mid to low teens wonder what anyone that has done this recommends for boots to keep my toes from frostbite??

If you’re talking about actual MTB winter boots, Northwave has had some crazy discounts for a while, I just picked up the X-CELSIUS ARCTIC GTX for 50% off. The even beefier Himalaya or X-MAGMA Core are even crazier deals if in your size (wasn’t in mine).

My Arctic GTXs appears to be good quality. I’ve gone out in the 20’s without thick winter socks, and had no trouble. Also good, grippy soles for when you have to hike-a-bike. I would go a size up, like I did, though, just in caes you need those thick, wool socks.

If you’re using flat pedals, though, and just having fun for a week, you could really use regular winter hiking boots and do just fine. You just don’t want anything so bulky that you catch on your drivetrain, etc. Also a stiffer sole of something like a hiking boot, if possible, versus say the super flexy soles on “rubber boots.”

I purchased 45NRTH fat bike boots maybe back in 2016 and they are great. I do clip in for those (old speedplay frogs). But if I put on the flat pedals than any warm hiking boot works.

I fat bike groomed fat bike specific trails, snowmobile/trail trail terrain and also just the snow packed dirt roads around my neighborhood during winter. Nice break from the trainer. It can be icy where I live so am grateful for my studded fat bike tires. That and warm boots really makes it fun.

Safety shoes/boots are great. Really thick soles and steel-capped toes can’t be beat.

I have ridden and raced fat bikes for years. No boots here. 100% of my riding has been done in Bonty xxx mtb shoes.

Insulated shoe covers first. Then toe warmers. If real cold 1 warmer above toes and 1 below.

I used the 2 warmer setup in a race with an avg temp of -14F. No issues.