"Fargo" Season 5

Oh, this could be good!!!

Juno Temple pops a comedic Minna-soooda accent; but when she drops it, it’s terrifying

Jon Hamm is so far removed from the last role I saw him in (the Angel Gabriel in Good Omens)

Look at Winston & Devi’s Sister being cops!!! (Lamorne Morris, New Girl / Richa Moorjani, Never Have I Ever …)

Some tasty Coen Bros. callbacks

“It’s a beautiful day” - Fargo
“I’m a Nihilist” - Big Lebowski
“I became sheriff when I was 25 years old. Go figure” - No Country for Old Men

Oh, this could be good!!!

Juno Temple pops a comedic Minna-soooda accent; but when she drops it, it’s terrifying

Jon Hamm is so far removed from the last role I saw him in (the Angel Gabriel in Good Omens)

Look at Winston & Devi’s Sister being cops!!! (Lamorne Morris, New Girl / Richa Moorjani, Never Have I Ever …)

Some tasty Coen Bros. callbacks

“It’s a beautiful day” - Fargo
“I’m a Nihilist” - Big Lebowski
“I became sheriff when I was 25 years old. Go figure” - No Country for Old Men

My all time favorite series. The first 2 episodes of season 5 are outstanding. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

I love the Coen callbacks but I’m sure there were 100 that I missed. When they were in the Kia dealer, you can hear on the PA system that they are having a $500 dollar special on Truecoat.

https://youtu.be/B2LLB9CGfLs?si=O-aZAm5BIQhIGbIK

I thought the first 3 seasons were really good. I didn’t finish the 4th season. It would be nice to see them rebound.

I missed Season 4 totally - must’ve been when they were monkeying with FXs schedule and we didn’t have Hulu yet?

Season 4 has a VERY impressive Body Count

https://fargo.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_deaths

I missed Season 4 totally - must’ve been when they were monkeying with FXs schedule and we didn’t have Hulu yet?

Season 4 started out strong, but the story kind of fell apart. Covid shut down shooting and they shortened the season and tried to piece it together with what they had.

I think Chris Rock was outstanding.

Season 4 started out strong, but the story kind of fell apart. Covid shut down shooting and they shortened the season and tried to piece it together with what they had.

I think Chris Rock was outstanding.

I thought some of the characters were almost cartoonish. Jumped the shark into being campy for me, although I did think Chris Rock was good.

This season, so far, has been so much fun. This week’s ending scene was most awesome. There have been many awesome moments so far.

Hard to beat season one. Lorne Malvo was such an amazing character - one of my all time favorites - and Billy Bob was perfect for the roll.

That said, both Juno Tempo and Jon Hamm have been spectacular.

It has been like an adult home alone. And by adult, I mean an adult making slightly less violent traps than a child made in the movie.

Wow, Juno Temple and Jon Hamm have been killing it in this season. The shot of Roy storming out to the shed told a whole story without a single word.

Great television.

Ole Munch would’ve been equally at home in Twin Peaks, as in Fargo (or whichever towns we’re in here)

There’s never a thought as to why he’s wearing a long wool skirt, and a lady’s fur-collared housecoat - he just … is

Wow, Juno Temple and Jon Hamm have been killing it in this season. The shot of Roy storming out to the shed told a whole story without a single word.

Great television.

The cover of Toxic helped set the mood.

It took me a minute before I recognized it “I know those words?”

https://www.cbr.com/fargo-season-5-juno-temple-violent-fight-scene-jon-hamm/

"A portion of the fight is not visually depicted onscreen, and the confrontation can only be heard, enhancing the harrowing tone. Temple remarked, 'I thought that was absolutely terrifying just when I read it. With the Bible, reading scripture, and with the shackles, and that. I was just like, ‘Wow.’

"She further stated, “I was aware of Noah Hawley saying, 'I’m not sure how much we’ll actually show in the final cut because it’s really hard to watch.'” The producers granted the request to close down the set and also provided a therapist for both the cast and crew. Temple commended Jon Hamm for his incredibly respectful and professional behavior during the sequence, despite his role as the ‘Monster.’”

That must’ve been very intense, for those resources to be required

I have not watched any of this. Is it related to the movie Fargo?

Yes, related. But knowing/watching the movie is not a prerequisite to enjoy the show. There is also no reason to watch any of the previous seasons. Each season stands on its own with a new story and cast of character/actors.

For those that know the movie, and the previous seasons, there are ‘easter eggs’, call backs, and this season some straight scene adaptations from the movie, that provide additional enhancement/enjoyment for the fanbase.

As I’ve stated previously, season 1 is one of my favorite seasons of any show all time, the main antagonist in season 1, is one of my all time favorite TV characters. However, season 5 is spectacular TV and quickly closing the gap to season 1. Easily, already, the second best season and could end as my fav depending on how the next few shows evolve.

I’d highly suggest watching. Jon Hamm will win his second Emmy. I can’t imagine that Juno will not win her second.

I’ll also add, if one is a survivor of domestic abuse, this will be exceptionally difficult TV to watch. As Thom stated, the scene with Jon Hamm is exceptional - but also harrowing - I’d imagine near impossible to watch if a survivor. There is a reason this past episode had a warning to begin and informational spot at the end.

They should also post a disclaimer saying “if you or someone you know is a member of a paramilitary extremist militia or armed fundamentalist Christian cult, please seek help and contact the FBI immediately”

Just watch it. From my perspective, season 5 cements it as the best show on television. Absolutely riveting.

Like sweathog said, you don’t need to know anything about the movie or the other seasons to watch it.

Great television.

Props too to Jennifer Jason Leigh as Lorraine. Character and actress so masterful.

Ole Munch would’ve been equally at home in Twin Peaks, as in Fargo (or whichever towns we’re in here)

There’s never a thought as to why he’s wearing a long wool skirt, and a lady’s fur-collared housecoat - he just … is

I don’t quite get this character. Why the references to past century stuff vs. having him be some hired thug/bad guy?

But curious to see how it plays out.

Not related in terms of the plot.

It is more related in themes and tones.