Epcot with kids?

We’re going to Disney in the spring. Is Epcot worth spending a day at with kids? They will be 13 and almost 8.

I went so long ago I barely remember Epcot.

Yes

You get to drink around the world

Ratatouille, Guardians, Soaring, plus the other rides

Guardians is awesome but you have to plan ahead. Not sure if this is still the case but last year you had to make a ride reservation early in the morning.

Of course Figment always has no line :slight_smile:

One of my kids absolutely loves the Living with the Land ride. A slow boat tour through hydroponic gardens. She is also a big fan of Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom

Even with Star Wars in Hollywood Studios, Epcot is probably our second favorite park. But its strength is the theming and not the rides.

Boys or girls?
Lots of fun rides at the front of the park-Living with the Sea, Soaring, Mission Space, Test Track, Guardians of the Galaxy. You need to log in and grab a reservation for that. As an option, you can by a ride ticket. It’s worth it.
There is a Freeze ride that girls will love and boys will tolerate.
Ratatouille is a fun ride.

You could easily spend 6 or so hours and have time to relax.

Two boys.

They have plenty of rides at EPCOT now. An 8 and 13 year old will be entertained. Depending on when you will be there the Flower and Garden Festival might be going on which adds several pop up restaurants to the World Showcase. Equals more food and drinking.

I know it’s mandatory to go to the Magic Kingdom but my hot take is the Magic Kingdom is the worst of the four main Disney parks. Worst by far.

Spend more time at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

If possible get there for rope drop. Skip Spaceship Earth until later in the day. The line will be much shorter in the afternoon. Test Track is closed until 2025 so most people will go to Soarin. Get there right away. After that the next really popular ride is Ratatuoille.

You need a reservation for Guardians. You can book a time starting at 7:00AM then again at 1:00PM. You might not get a reservation until much later in the day. Keep refreshing the Disney App each time you get denied. You have to be ready at exactly 7:00 if you want a real chance to get an earlier time. My kids both said it was the best ride they have ever been on.

Lunch at the France Pavilion counter service is excellent and not overpriced. I would rank Japan and Morocco’s counter service a close second. If you want to spend a lot of money on a sit down dinner there are outstanding restaurants in France, Canada (steakhouse), and Japan.

Enjoy.

If you want to spend a lot of money on a sit down dinner there are outstanding restaurants in France, Canada (steakhouse), and Japan.

I like Mexico a lot for sit down restaurants. It’s dark and relatively quiet so it’s a nice respite from the sun and crowds.

Skip all of it. Go fishing wiith them.

You’re welcome.

They have plenty of rides at EPCOT now. An 8 and 13 year old will be entertained. Depending on when you will be there the Flower and Garden Festival might be going on which adds several pop up restaurants to the World Showcase. Equals more food and drinking.

I know it’s mandatory to go to the Magic Kingdom but my hot take is the Magic Kingdom is the worst of the four main Disney parks. Worst by far.

You’re going to have to defend the position that animal kingdom is better than magic kingdom. Other than Avatar animal kingdom is just a zoo.

If possible get there for rope drop.

Or just use Magic hours

If you want to spend a lot of money on a sit down dinner there are outstanding restaurants in France, Canada (steakhouse), and Japan.

I like Mexico a lot for sit down restaurants. It’s dark and relatively quiet so it’s a nice respite from the sun and crowds.

Even though it’s hokey I like the Mexico ride

Lunch at the France Pavilion counter service is excellent and not overpriced. I would rank Japan and Morocco’s counter service a close second. If you want to spend a lot of money on a sit down dinner there are outstanding restaurants in France, Canada (steakhouse), and Japan.

Enjoy.

I like the German restaurant

Enjoy.

I’ve been to Munich. All the food on your plate is the same colour.

We took the kids about six years ago, so kids were 8 and 6, and happened upon Agent P’s adventure. This was the most fun I and they have had in Epcot, because #1 it was a cool interactive mystery/adventure that even my wife and I enjoyed, #2 it had stuff in each country so the kids were excited to get to the next country and explore. Agent P has been replaced by DuckTales, but I would imagine it’s along the same experience. I would expect your 8 year old will love it and the 13 year old would have fun helping him figure out the clues and mysteries. Haven’t done this new DuckTales version as it opened just after the last time we went, but it sounds fun. They were disappointed it wasn’t ready yet, because they remembered the fun the had with Agent P.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/DuckTales_World_Showcase_Adventure

Enjoy.

I’ve been to Munich. All the food on your plate is the same colour.

Liters of beer

You’re going to have to defend the position that animal kingdom is better than magic kingdom. Other than Avatar animal kingdom is just a zoo.

It is at least on par with Magic Kingdom. Although I think the Avatar rides are underwhelming.

It has some of the best rides at Disney in Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. And the safari is really fun.

Magic Kingdom has some good rides too but in my opinion is getting dated. However they’d catch hell if they removed some of the classic rides like Small World.

Test Track is closed until 2025

Damn really? Are they redoing it? They ruined Test Track by striking a deal with Chevy. The original version was so cool.

Test Track is closed until 2025

Damn really? Are they redoing it? They ruined Test Track by striking a deal with Chevy. The original version was so cool.

Huh? While I agree the update is not as good as the original, I don’t see how the Chevy branding is what ruined it. I mean it has always (well maybe there was a brief time during bankruptcy) been sponsored by GM. So I don’t think you can blame GM sponsorship for ruining it.