Dirty Secret-- any other Oak Island fans out there?

Well this season, has started off well.

Wait for the skeptics… this project has become one of somewhat significant historical value. Been very interesting and clearly stuff was going on there long long long ago.

The 4 coins of widely varying origin and time frame is really something.

Anyhow, For those following, is this the final year? Just seems like they are close to wrapping up most of their work. Well except the swamp. I think the archeology work will continue for many more years.

And no I don’t expect them to find a treasure I really seems like that was moved long ago if ever there.

So wanted to like the show but they go out of their way to make it painful to watch. Got tired of being jerked around and WAY too many commercial interruptions.

So wanted to like the show but they go out of their way to make it painful to watch. Got tired of being jerked around and WAY too many commercial interruptions.

I prefer to watch it through DVR can skip the commercials, but it became a thing with my dad years ago, so the family would do a chat during it. After he passed it has continued with Mom, so stuck watching live with all the commercials, and there are LOTS

DVR is the only way to watch this and other shows.

I laugh out loud every episode where they spend a million dollars to find…wait for it…WOOD!!! Or a nail!!!

Aaaaaaand I don’t miss an episode, always hoping that they will hit paydirt that never comes. It reminds me of the comic strip Peanuts, where Charley Brown is sure that he’s going to kick the football and Lucy won’t pull it away from him again…

You been to his vineyard up Traverse City way?

Agreed. All the weak cliffhangers as they cut to commercial or end an episode; just awful.

I love the idea that they’ll find something significant there someday, but I’ll have to read about it when it happens. I figure if they find a massive treasure load it’ll be in the news before the episode even airs.

Agreed. All the weak cliffhangers as they cut to commercial or end an episode; just awful.

I love the idea that they’ll find something significant there someday, but I’ll have to read about it when it happens. I figure if they find a massive treasure load it’ll be in the news before the episode even airs.

I watched a few episodes but got tired waiting for the next big find which was nothing and then more than nothing.

Thank you for bringing me up to speed, I see they are still going to find the treasure “any day now”.

No, but my parents were going to (use to have a condo up in glen arbor) Unfortunately it was near the end for dad, and he just wasn’t up to the trip. It was just after the civil war gold show found the painted bricks in the water of lake Michigan. Talk about a show ending quickly. I had told him, he had to ask to see a brick if they went.

I’m like 99% sure that the whole Oak Island Mystery was started by people that own/operate heavy equipment on or near the island. Every so often they salt an area with some artifact so they can get another year of contracts for running a backhoe on the island. It would be brilliant!

I’m like 99% sure that the whole Oak Island Mystery was started by people that own/operate heavy equipment on or near the island. Every so often they salt an area with some artifact so they can get another year of contracts for running a backhoe on the island. It would be brilliant!

Well that would be one long play, as the first significant discussion of it, was a readers digest article in 1965. That’s when my dad heard about it and started following, sort of.

And not sure how they bury wood timbers from the 1700’s 80 ft deep.

I would think maybe not that roman coins from BC, Chinese coins from 700, are not all that easy to come by, and building up 100’s of years of patina would also be a trick. Neglecting the lead artifacts that have been found.

About as likely as a 2nd gunman who shot kennedy, and that the government destroyed the twin towers. But a better chance of being true than a flat earth.

Well that would be one long play, as the first significant discussion of it, was a readers digest article in 1965. That’s when my dad heard about it and started following, sort of.

And not sure how they bury wood timbers from the 1700’s 80 ft deep.

I would think maybe not that roman coins from BC, Chinese coins from 700, are not all that easy to come by, and building up 100’s of years of patina would also be a trick. Neglecting the lead artifacts that have been found.

About as likely as a 2nd gunman who shot kennedy, and that the government destroyed the twin towers. But a better chance of being true than a flat earth.

I agree with you. There is something about Oak Island but I think whatever was there was either moved or lost years ago.

I was there last year. Very good wine and the outside seating overlooking the water was great. The whole peninsula was worth the drive. Weird when you get to the lighthouse at the end there’s a sign showing you’re at the same latitude as seattle. Seems like you’re way further north. We stopped at a couple other wineries that were much smaller but good and the Jolly Pumpkin restaurant for food and beer. Cherry salsa from the Lavender Farm = delicious

I watched a few episodes but got tired waiting for the next big find which was nothing and then more than nothing.

Thank you for bringing me up to speed, I see they are still going to find the treasure “any day now”.

I hear you on that. I gave up watching it for the same reason. I have enjoyed watching expedition unknown when it comes on. My favorite one was based on finding an artifact from the book “The Secret” in Boston:

https://www.discovery.com/shows/expedition-unknown/expedition-unknown--the-secret-treasure-found-in-boston-pictures

I hear you on that. I gave up watching it for the same reason. I have enjoyed watching expedition unknown when it comes on. My favorite one was based on finding an artifact from the book “The Secret” in Boston:

https://www.discovery.com/shows/expedition-unknown/expedition-unknown--the-secret-treasure-found-in-boston-pictures

Well I guess there are a lot of people out there watching it, but denying it. LOL. One of cable tv’s top drawing shows.

https://www.forbes.com/...ble/?sh=625a1b3e4d9d

KEY FACTS
The season premiere of “Curse of Oak Island” on Nov. 7 was watched by 2 million people on cable news, and the audience has only grown since, Nielsen data shows.
The 11th season’s third episode, which aired Nov. 21, was the most-watched of the season so far and broke into the top 10 most-watched cable programs of the week with 2.4 million viewers, making it the most popular cable show on television for the day by a margin of almost 400,000 people—the only cable shows that out-rated it the week of Nov. 20 were Fox News programs, NFL and college football games and a Hallmark holiday movie.
So far this season, episodes have out-rated programs like the Ole Miss v. Mississippi college football game, the Celtics v. Bucks NBA matchup and the return of Randy Orton to “WWE Raw” on USA Network.
The return of “Curse of Oak Island” pulled the History Channel from the 18th most-watched cable network in total day viewers to the eighth—the most recent Nielsen data shows an average of 328,000 viewers for History last week, up from 249,000 in the week before the 11th season premiere.
In the week of Nov. 27 to Dec. 3, the most recent Nielsen data available, the show was the 13th most-watched on cable with 2.3 million viewers—the only programs that out-rated “Oak Island” were Fox News shows and “Monday Night Football” on ESPN.