These are the days of girlhood
Every day, every night
Rise and shine, they’re all mine
Thick or thin, I’ll be alright
Got my dolls by my side
These are the days
These are the days
These are the days of girlhood

What exactly do you find weird? Yeah, the singing isn’t at the level of Streisand, Grande, Dion or Carey, but then lots of music is released with not so stellar singing.

BTW - Newsweek is calling you.

https://www.newsweek.com/dylan-mulvaney-song-days-girlhood-triggers-conservatives-1879017

For shame! How dare she pledge that all proceeds from the music video be donated to The Trevor Project (a nonprofit dedicated to LGBTQ+ youth suicide prevention, which continues to be a big problem).

Do you find that you identify with Dylan’s version of being a woman?

What exactly do you find weird? Yeah, the singing isn’t at the level of Streisand, Grande, Dion or Carey, but then lots of music is released with not so stellar singing.

https://www.newsweek.com/dylan-mulvaney-song-days-girlhood-triggers-conservatives-1879017

For shame! How dare she pledge that all proceeds from the music video be donated to The Trevor Project (a nonprofit dedicated to LGBTQ+ youth suicide prevention, which continues to be a big problem).

Dylan comes off as mentally unstable and mimicks an idiot Jr high girl. That is what is weird.

Thanks for keeping us all updated on the latest Dylan Mulvaney happenings - this is the stuff the lamestream media won’t dare cover!

https://www.newsweek.com/...onservatives-1879017

Dylan comes off as mentally unstable and mimicks an idiot Jr high girl. That is what is weird.

It’s a music video. Why are you expecting it to be reality based?
In the Aaron Rogers thread someone was asking why we care what he says, or why we listen to him. I would ask the same question here.

In the Aaron Rogers thread someone was asking why we care what he says, or why we listen to him. I would ask the same question here.

It’s not just the video. Dylan tries to impersonate the silliest aspects of what a girl may be. However in the current environment we are shunned for discussing the mental instability of someone if they label themselves trans. Many are over the top in their quest to impersonate what they think a woman should be. Why not impersonate a strong intelligent woman vs a completely idiotic ditzy Jr high girl?

In a world that has far more than its fair share of cringey attention whores, I believe DM to be the cringiest and whoriest of all cringey attention whores. It’s quite an accomplishment.

It’s not just the video. Dylan tries to impersonate the silliest aspects of what a girl may be. However in the current environment we are shunned for discussing the mental instability of someone if they label themselves trans. Many are over the top in their quest to impersonate what they think a woman should be. Why not impersonate a strong intelligent woman vs a completely idiotic ditzy Jr high girl?

Why project any persona? My cynical nature says it is being done for notoriety and money, and it seems to be working. Some of it, possibly, is done to stoke outrage. That seems to be working too.
Are you aware of how any celebrity acts when they aren’t doing their job? I would bet it’s frequently different than they put out to the world.
Your position seems to be that all trans people have a mental health issue. Have fun with that.

Do you find that you identify with Dylan’s version of being a woman?

What exactly do you mean by her “verson of being a woman”?

Being young and partying? Been there, done that big time.

Shall we go through the song line by line?

Last look, quick change, sip champagne <— Yes

Pull up the group chat, “Where you at? Drop a pin”
We’re doin’ hot girl shit, get in <— Well, maybe currently not hot girl shit, but woman of a certain age shit with friends, hell yes.

Wednesday, retail therapy
“Cash or credit?” I say, “Yes” <— Guilty

Thursday, had a walk of shame
Didn’t even know his namе <— Definitely did this more than a few times in the younger days

Friday night, I’ll ovеrspend <— Guilty

The patriarchy is over, you can hold our beer <— Fuck yes

Narcissist makes music video.

News at 11.

(blanket statement on all influencers and media personalities, not specific comment on them)

I thought that was pretty darn entertaining in a cotton-candy kind of way.

And Dylan Mulvaney looked like she was having a lot of fun. And hot too.

She is a HE and you might be gay but that’s ok.

Nope.

But confident enough that saying what I said doesn’t make me nervous.

And if you didn’t know her history you would think she looks good too. And that’s ok.

Nope.

And if you didn’t know her history you would think she looks good too. And that’s ok.

It’s a DUDE.

OH SNAP!!! wannabefaster might be gay, but it’s OK! This is some sharp repartee up in here.

In a world that has far more than its fair share of cringey attention whores, I believe DM to be the cringiest and whoriest of all cringey attention whores. It’s quite an accomplishment.

Though I think almost none of us would have any idea who she was if not for the weird Bud Light freakout.

Thanks to that she’s Streisanded to the very short list of “influencers” I know. I think that list is:

1. Kardashian/Jenner
  2. Dylan Mulvaney

The list comes to a screeching halt there.

Very much not hot, and bordering on the “uncanny valley” territory where Mulvaney looks not quite human. If I remember the multiple previous threads about the Bud Lite stuff and Mulvaney generally, the main criticism has been that there has been no actual surgical transition, except for face feminization surgeries, which are hugely expensive and not considered (by some LGBTQ… groups) the best example for people struggling with transgender issues.

I’m not interested enough to watch the video. There’s enough crap music video stuff online without needing to dip into the deliberately weird.

Nope.

There are some trans women who look like gorgeous women but DM is not even remotely close to one of them.

Narcissist makes music video.

News at 11.

(blanket statement on all influencers and media personalities, not specific comment on them)

She is one of the near infinite number of "weird"narcissists on the internet. What makes her such a target for disdain among a certain demographic is the way Fox News put her on their front page every day for months in an attempt to cancel an iconic American corporation. I doubt most of them would know who she was without Fox.