Cyclepowermeters.com

I’m on record several years ago recommending people to use this company, but I’d like to warn people to steer clear after my most recent experience.

I wanted to buy a pair of Assioma MX-2 pedals but had a strict deadline, so emailed them to check they could meet that deadline. They replied immediately confirming they should be able to meet the deadline if I purchased that day, which I did, and transferred them the £599. That was 7 weeks ago, and the last time they replied to an email or phone call.

Over the next few weeks I made numerous efforts to speak with them (phone call, email, Facebook) all to check on progress but was met with complete silence. Eventually I was forced to cancel the order which I did by email since they didn’t answer the phone. I gave them my bank details for the refund. UK consumer law gives them two weeks to make the refund. It is now nearly 4 weeks since I asked for the refund and I have had no replies to my 10 polite emails or Facebook messages enquiring when I will see it. As a result I have been forced to hand the matter over to lawyers and will be leaving them to get the refund back for me.

Having used the company before I didn’t bother checking online reviews before parting with my money - that was a mistake. It appears that prior to around 2022 all of the online reviews were overwhelmingly positive, but since then a large number of customers have experienced exactly the same problem as I have. If you’re planning on using them and won’t be driving to their premises to collect the goods before paying for them, I’d think twice.

Are you able to do a credit card chargeback? If things get this far, I find it’s an easy and fairly successful way to get a refund.

No, that would have made life much simpler, but I did a direct bank transfer. That is generally a red flag, but I’ve used this company before so had no issues.

I wanted to provide an update to this post - the owner has reached out to me, apologised for the lack of communication, explained the situation and provided the required refund in full. Whilst nothing excuses the lack of communication knowing what I know now I do understand it. Anyway, just wanted to set the record straight.