Curved treadmill owners/users - how's it going?

Interested in hearing from some curved treadmill owners/users as to how it’s going training on it?

I’m sort of interested in possibly buying one mainly because my treadmill sits in my garage and while it’s working fine at the incline/speed I run at, I avoid doing fast intervals on it since it can trip the breaker. (Not sure if it’s the GFCI or the load, but it does trip if I go crazy on it.) A manual treadmill would avoid all the electrical issues that come with having a garage treadmill.

• Can you sort of ‘zone out’ and run long on it while watching a video? Or do you have to really focus to stay in the sweet spot?
  • Do you miss not having elevation change control?

Anything else you can comment on pros/cons would be welcome!

You can definitely zone out, but occasionally you might step off to the side if you’re not paying attention. I watched a lot of races while on my Trueform Trainer and I really enjoy it.

The downside is you are working harder to go slower. The plus side is I’ve definitely seen positive benefits in my running after doing some drills on it.

You really need to run these by perceived effort, not worrying about pace. You can get some sensors and stuff to add on to connect via Bluetooth, but mine has been kicked off and broken several times.

I’d rather run on this machine than one where I’m pressing a bunch of buttons to get started.

Interested in hearing from some curved treadmill owners/users as to how it’s going training on it?

I’m sort of interested in possibly buying one mainly because my treadmill sits in my garage and while it’s working fine at the incline/speed I run at, I avoid doing fast intervals on it since it can trip the breaker. (Not sure if it’s the GFCI or the load, but it does trip if I go crazy on it.) A manual treadmill would avoid all the electrical issues that come with having a garage treadmill.

• Can you sort of ‘zone out’ and run long on it while watching a video? Or do you have to really focus to stay in the sweet spot?
  • Do you miss not having elevation change control?

Anything else you can comment on pros/cons would be welcome!

Electricians aren’t cheap but I would imagine it’d be cheaper to have one sort your issue out instead of buying a new treadmill. What amp is the breaker your treadmill is on? Also, what amp is the GFI outlet? I know my Woodway need to be on a 20 amp. It’s supposed to be a dedicated outlet, but mine isn’t and hasn’t caused any issues.

haha maybe you are sprinting on the same circuit at max while Tesla is charging off the same circuit at 7kW !!!

OK kidding aside, I use both the Woodway Curve and Trueform from time to time at two gyms after my swims. One gym the treadmills face a wall, the other one they overlook a pool.

I like them best for pickups and intervals, not for steady state running (outside and regular treadmill are fine for that).

I find that I can end up stepping onto a side if I don’t aim at the same thing in front of me (I suppose a TV would be good). At the gym with the pool view I never drift off. The pool with the blank wall, It happens when I am running easy, but not fast.

Using an Assault Fitness manual curved treadmill. Love it. Don’t miss elevation controls - I can run hills near my house - but I have clipped the edges when not paying attention, watching racing or car chases for example.

I have a manual curved treadmill that I love. I went with the aussie Fitness pro because you can turn on resistance. This allows you to simulate hills as well as sled drags and pulls

I’m also using a Assault Air Runner, it’s fantastic. Trained with it all winter, had no problems doing long runs, was fantastic for doing any strides or tempo work. Being able to quickly accelerate is great. I use it with Zwift, found I gained a lot of strength after the winter.

I find its easy to watch movies on a laptop at any pace once you are used to running on it. Don’t miss the elevation change control.

Pacing on it is slightly different, I found with my paces on the treadmill being a bit slower than outside.

Small con, the session distance on mine maxes out at like 20k, but if you are doing Zwift or something else its no problem.

That’s awesome - how did you pair it with Zwift? Did it have BT built-in or did you use an add-on like Runn or Stryd?

Yeah exactly, it has bluetooth built in which tracks the belt speed. Syncs up pretty easily with my laptop or phone. I also have a stryd pod which I use on it sometimes.