Covid advice

Just picked up a case. I had it 4 years ago when I wasnt training for anything, but now I’m 8 weeks out from my first full IM.

I know I’m supposed to wait until I’m 100% or even a few days after that. Missing these workouts is suboptimal. I feel like once I can take a big breath without coughing, I should be good to go.

If I decide against that though, I’m moving into a recovery week next week. Do I push what I missed this week into next? Some sort of hybrid? Stick with schedule as is?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

There is no catching up on what you missed, big mistake a lot make who are married to their paper schedules. The best thing you can do is get healthy as quick as possible, and that means doing nothing for awhile. No you dont start training with a cough either, especially with covid. You could put yourself in a hole for months or even years as many have here. Go read the theads on long covid, not fun…

If you want to race, and your best race, then you will have to go in way undercooked and fresh as a daisy. Anything else will be slow and possible harmful…

this - unless you are concerned about qualifying for the WC - its, for most, a long catered day out.

you will not lose much in a few weeks, and will be better for it taking the break you need than making yourself more ill.

there will be another opportunity