Core body temperature sensor substitute

Original core brand is kind a expensive for me.
Is there any senaor that can do the same or what can i use.
I am just curious about this body temperature thig that is going right now.
Is there any aliexpress variant? :slight_smile:
Or i kust simply use my thermometer for measuring temperature when we are sick?

No need ti be rude please!!!
Just asking for a friend :slight_smile:

As far as I have seen, the CORE is the first and only device of its kind.

Yeah. I dont find anything similar.
Meybe will try and use a regular fast thermometer

Just how high should room temperature be?
I can heat it with air con and radiator to let say 30degres celzius
Is that enough?

I don’t follow the purpose of warming a fast thermometer… I presume you want something cheap that can measure your core temperature during a workout? If so, you would need something that you just have permanently in place during the entire workout or something you pause your workout to check temperature and then resume.

The only cheap option I can think if is a Bluetooth rectal thermometer. You could just set-it-and-forget-it, and get temperature readings on your phone. Or, just use a traditional thermometer under your tongue during the workout.

Rectal thermometer???in anus while cycling???
Even Without this my wife think i am crazy :slight_smile:

I was thinking of running… Not comfortable, but possible.

Before CORE, people would swallow a pill that contained a thermometer that would broadcast to an external device until you passed it. That might work, but I doubt it is cheaper than a CORE. Your best bet is probably a household thermometer that you either put under your tongue or under your armpit like you take a baby’s temperature.

I was thinking of running… Not comfortable, but possible.

Before CORE, people would swallow a pill that contained a thermometer that would broadcast to an external device until you passed it. That might work, but I doubt it is cheaper than a CORE. Your best bet is probably a household thermometer that you either put under your tongue or under your armpit like you take a baby’s temperature.

Tenks. Will try normal thermometer.
No need for core device for me

Just how high should room tempreaure be??

Just how high should room tempreaure be??I don’t follow this. You just take a normal household thermometer, put it under your tongue, and in a moment it will show your core temperature.

Just how high should room tempreaure be??I don’t follow this. You just take a normal household thermometer, put it under your tongue, and in a moment it will show your core temperature.

How high should i warm my trainig ROOM?
Room. Place when i train. Pain cave. A no wife zone. :slight_smile:
Get it now?

How high should i warm my trainig ROOM?
Room. Place when i train. Pain cave. A no wife zone. :slight_smile:
Get it now?Aaaah, I did not follow that you are trying to create a room to experience your body’s reaction to adverse ambient heat…

For that, I have no idea. In my case, I know that when I am riding a bike, my core body temperature rarely gets high enough to matter. When I am in 30° C outdoor temperatures and high humidity, my temperature will rarely exceed 38.5° C, which is well below my threshold that matters.

Running is where my body temperature goes sideways. On a hot day, my body temperature will exceed 39° C, and that is where the wheels fall of.

I think if you wanted to simulate adverse conditions while riding indoors, you would need to get the room temperature well above 27° C and not have a fan on you for cooling.

For what it’s worth, CORE is measuring

1. Skin Temperature
  2. Ambient Temperature

This allows the device to calculate how much heat the body is likely pushing into the environment.
E.g. Skin temp can be 100f and that’s OK in 50f conditions, but a different situation in 100f conditions.
In the first, there will be more heat transfer to the environment.

This, as far as I know, is unique as they are not necessarily measuring core-temperature like ingestible thermistors, rectal probes, etc.

Great film.
8d028067-1e56-4aaf-bf63-f981e7189379_text.jpg