Compatibility question: P5d Di2 + SRAM 1x Force AXS crankset

Hi all,
I have a P5 Ultegra Di2 that comes with Shimano crankset. I am looking at buying a SRAM Force 1x crankset with Quarq power meter.

1. Will the crankset fit the bottom bracket (I’m almost certain its bbright 24)?
  2. Will the AXS chainring work with the shimano chain (both are 12s)

Thanks much!

Hi all,
I have a P5 Ultegra Di2 that comes with Shimano crankset. I am looking at buying a SRAM Force 1x crankset with Quarq power meter.

1. Will the crankset fit the bottom bracket (I’m almost certain its bbright 24)?
  2. Will the AXS chainring work with the shimano chain (both are 12s)

Thanks much!

1. No, you’ll need a DUB bottom bracket

2. It will work well enough, but may have some extra noise.

3. Pretty sure the Force 1X Quarq PM only comes in a 48T ring, which is theoretically fine if you’re running a sram cassette with a 10 tooth ring. With a Shimano 11 tooth small cog, that maxes you out at 30mm oh at 90rpm…. Which for descending, sprinting, etc is pretty limiting.

Thanks very much for the reply.
It comes with 50T, but too much hassle to change the bottom bracket and deal with the chain. I’ll get a pedal based PM I guess.

Not to dissuade you, but the BB swap is pretty straight forward and cheap for a bike shop to do, and in fairness then even as a home mechanic it’s not too hard, albeit the first time buying the tools will be more than a shop would charge.

Rotor do rings up to 52 in 110BCD so if you get the dfour dub quarq then you would be fine. PM-D4-SPDR-D1 | SRAM and ROTOR Q Rings 1X BCD110x4 (rotorbike.com).

As I say, no worries if you go pedal power, but I have 3x quarqs, all running on Shimano systems (10 & 11 speed at moment, and one about to be swapped to a Shimano 12speed).