College Football Week 12

Bit of a quiet week in terms of matchups before a couple big weekends

Georgia/Tennessee
Ohio State/Minnesota
Washington/Oregon State
Michigan/Maryland
FSU/ North South Central South Alabama
Oregon/Arizona State

I think this is the weekend Washington goes down, but I have been saying that for awhile now. Oregon State is no slouch.

Maryland beats Michigan. Michigan is down their HC, just fired their LB coach coming off a big win with OSU looming, road game against Maryland who has almost pulled off some huge upsets, I think they do it tomorrow.

Everyone else wins

Also just learned about James Madison, didn’t even know they were now D1, are undefeated and because of NCAA laws with division changes are bowl ineligible. The NCAA absolutely sucks in every way possible.

Also just learned about James Madison, didn’t even know they were now D1, are undefeated and because of NCAA laws with division changes are bowl ineligible. The NCAA absolutely sucks in every way possible.

Did JMU know the rules when they decided to join FBS? Do the rules apply to every school? Did I stop rooting for them and start thinking they are a bunch of whiny bitches when they alluded to legal action for the NCAA following their rules?

Did JMU know the rules when they decided to join FBS? Do the rules apply to every school? Did I stop rooting for them and start thinking they are a bunch of whiny bitches when they alluded to legal action for the NCAA following their rules?

It’s a dumb rule. You move up a division, play opponents in that division but cannot play in a bowl the first year?

That is just plain fucking dumb by the NCAA to have that rule.

It’s a dumb rule. You move up a division, play opponents in that division but cannot play in a bowl the first year?

First two years actually.

It’s a dumb rule.

It’s still the rule. They knew it when they signed up. Ex post facto bitching annoys me

I would love to see both Oregon and Washington win out and meet in PAC12 championship…could a two loss Oregon get into playoff if both losses are against Washington?

Georgia
Michigan
Washington
Oregon?

I’d assume the second loss would hurt but still think they had a tougher schedule than FSU and if can keep it close could be interesting. Also would likely have a stronger resume than a one loss OSU.

Note this scenario assumes Alabama loses in SEC Championship to Georgia. If Bama wins, forget it.

Yes, Yes, I don’t know but guessing yes.

Yeah, Maybe a rule that needs to be changed, but its the rule, and has hit other teams before. Does Tulane at 10-0 deserve to get knocked out because JM got a waiver?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/11/18/james-madison-football-ncaa-waiver-bowl-game-president-charlie-baker/71633911007/

Does Colorado deserve to get knocked out… oh wait, their not making the bowls… 56-14 to Washington state… Looks like 1 win in the Pac12 for them this year.

It’s a dumb rule.

It’s still the rule. They knew it when they signed up. Ex post facto bitching annoys me

I don’t know the whole story or them bitching that wasn’t really the point.

Why the F does a team get punished for 2 years moving ups division.

JMU is bitching? If I was JMU I would be storming the NCAA offices in Indy.

With the CFP not being an NCAA sanctioned event (at least to my understanding) and with it expanding to 12 teams next year I think it would be great if they just at start ignoring NCAA rules. It’s only a matter of time before the NCAA loses their power over all these schools and athletes.

Has anyone ever been a fan of the NCAA?

It’s a dumb rule.

With the CFP not being an NCAA sanctioned event (at least to my understanding) and with it expanding to 12 teams next year I think it would be great if they just at start ignoring NCAA rules. It’s only a matter of time before the NCAA loses their power over all these schools and athletes.

Arguendo the rule banning in person scouting is dumb. Should Michigan not be punished?

Rule was known. They wanted to join the club and that was a requirement. Instead of being adults they’re whining like babies.

Does Colorado deserve to get knocked out… oh wait, their not making the bowls… 56-14 to Washington state… Looks like 1 win in the Pac12 for them this year.

And Prime is moving to MSU or TAMU

It’s a dumb rule.

'MERICA … I don’t know the whole story, but I am going to bitch anyhow. I mean I go literally read the link above or google it and in 5 min or less, understand why the rule is there, why it might be outdated, how many other times it blocked teams from playoff’s or bowl games.

**BUT DAMN’T ITS 'MERICA WE DONT NEED FACTS TO BITCH WITH RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION. **

No way, he is a Colorado man. (pink if not clear)

It’s going to have to be TAMU, MSU isn’t hiring him.

The other MSU. The one not known for sex scandals.

Do either MSU or YAMU need a new head cheerleader? Because that’s about all it looks like Sanders does. As a CO local, I am subject to his press conferences if watching local sports news, he never really talks X’s & O’s, keeps harping on about “gotta want to win” and “gotta have heart”. Not even the mundane coach speak of “we need to protect the QB” or “our defense needs to tighten up on 3rd down” type stuff.

Credit where credit is due, the Buffs have won more games this year, but honestly, an increase from 1 to 4 isn’t all that much to get excited about.

The other MSU. The one not known for sex scandals.

When Hayden Fox steps down, I’m pretty sure they will just promote Dauber

Do either MSU or YAMU need a new head cheerleader? Because that’s about all it looks like Sanders does. As a CO local, I am subject to his press conferences if watching local sports news, he never really talks X’s & O’s, keeps harping on about “gotta want to win” and “gotta have heart”. Not even the mundane coach speak of “we need to protect the QB” or “our defense needs to tighten up on 3rd down” type stuff.

Credit where credit is due, the Buffs have won more games this year, but honestly, an increase from 1 to 4 isn’t all that much to get excited about.

Come to Wisconsin. Our new coach promised a new brand, culture, brought in transfers, etc. we might be worse at best even to last year while playing in one of the worst divisions in college football.

Getting curb-stopped at home to Northwestern hopefully was the low point.

At least Colorado has one of the toughest schedules in the country to fall back in.

Particularly for top recruits who may be getting danger vibes. One’s already backed out. If I was a top recruit I’d definitely wonder about Prime’s commitment to the program once his sons leave.

he never really talks X’s & O’s,

I don’t mind that, most of that talk is just simplistic platitudes. I don’t think most coaches really expose the interesting stuff. Though Prime has talked quite about about the doom loop that lets defenses tee off on Shadeur. I think they fell into that doom a little too willingly by making Shadeur the focal point of everything on offense…as an armchair coach.

Yeah, Maybe a rule that needs to be changed, but its the rule, and has hit other teams before. **Does Tulane at 10-0 deserve to get **knocked out because JM got a waiver?

https://www.usatoday.com/...e-baker/71633911007/

Your troll failed. It would be a 6-6 team that misses out.

Remember this Prohibition was once the law of the land but obviously it was changed. What harm does it do to College football to let JMU and Jacksonville State Bowl?

Yeah, Maybe a rule that needs to be changed, but its the rule, and has hit other teams before. **Does Tulane at 10-0 deserve to get **knocked out because JM got a waiver?

Remember this Prohibition was once the law of the land but obviously it was changed. What harm does it do to College football to let JMU and Jacksonville State Bowl?

He’s talking about the NY6 slot for the G5

Yeah, after reading the article and the reasoning, this rule is even more stupid. They add bowl games just about every year, no one is really getting “boxed out”. At least Baker acknowledged that the rule should be reexamined.

Doing this so that schools can “properly evaluate their long-term sustainability in the subdivision” is mute after they have made the changed. Why not do this is a precursor before they make the move.

But hey, this is all irrelevant if not enough teams become bowl eligible. Then in that case this is all a moot point and JMU can go bowling, sounds a bit contradictory to me. NCAA would lose money if they couldn’t host all their bowl games, so in that case they will make an exception to the rule, rather then keep their foot down.