College Football Preseason AP Top 25

Nothing too crazy besides the annual Notre Dame is likely ranked way too high debate.

Preseason AP Top 25
Georgia (46) Ohio State (15) Oregon (1)TexasAlabamaOle MissNotre DamePenn StateMichiganFlorida StateMissouriUtahLSUClemsonTennesseeOklahomaOklahoma StateKansas StateMiami (FL) Texas A&MArizonaKansas USCNC StateIowa

Nothing too crazy besides the annual Notre Dame is likely ranked way too high debate.

Preseason AP Top 25
Georgia (46) Ohio State (15) Oregon (1)TexasAlabamaOle MissNotre DamePenn StateMichiganFlorida StateMissouriUtahLSUClemsonTennesseeOklahomaOklahoma StateKansas StateMiami (FL) Texas A&MArizonaKansas USCNC StateIowaI
I don’t understand OU at 16. They were dismal last season and they are expected to be better in the SEC? At best I see maybe 7 wins for them this year.

I love when ND is ranked high. So when they start to get spanked they just slowly and sadly fall down in numbers.

I love when ND is ranked high. So when they start to get spanked they just slowly and sadly fall down in numbers.

There is only 1 constant in college football each year. That being that Notre Dame will be ranked far too high to start the season.

There is only 1 constant in college football each year. That being that Notre Dame will be ranked far too high to start the season.

The other constant used to be KU’s over/under win total being .5

Big question marks; Michigan and Alabama after coaching changes and whether FSU can repeat last year’s tear through the ACC.

Not just the start of the season. The end of the season too.

In the past you would have been dead on and I would have bet the under. However, last year and this year are the polar opposite, I would bet the over on 10 wins this season.

Big question marks; Michigan and Alabama after coaching changes and whether FSU can repeat last year’s tear through the ACC.

FSU maybe the thing I follow in college FB year, if anything.

So great you have TOP 25, now lets be real, how many do you really have competing for the Championship in that list? 2? 3? 5? Are we now at the 20 team tournement this year?

In the past you would have been dead on and I would have bet the under. However, last year and this year are the polar opposite, I would bet the over on 10 wins this season…

I had to go and look at their schedule, it is definitely soft with only one preseason ranked team on it, KSU, is that where you have them getting their only loss?

In the past you would have been dead on and I would have bet the under. However, last year and this year are the polar opposite, I would bet the over on 10 wins this season…

I had to go and look at their schedule, it is definitely soft with only one preseason ranked team on it, KSU, is that where you have them getting their only loss?

No, actually I think the streak is finally broken this year. I was at the last game in Memorial stadium where it took a dropped pick 6, fumbled punt and a blocked extra point attempt for Ksu to prevail last year against a team playing their 3rd string walk on freshman quarterback. Ku dominated the action at 400 yards total offense to 300 for KSU. Additonally, I am interested to see Johnson’s development at KSU. We all know he can run the ball probably better than any QB in the nation, but can he pass when needed. KSU will have a great rushing offense but I think they will miss the clutch player they had in Sinnott.

I think the two games KU could trip up are at West Virginia and at BYU.

Last time Bama was ranked that low in the Preseason top 25 was 2009…they went on to win the National Championship that year.

FSU maybe the thing I follow in college FB year, if anything.

So great you have TOP 25, now lets be real, how many do you really have competing for the Championship in that list? 2? 3? 5? Are we now at the 20 team tournement this year?

I forgot until recently that this is the first year the playoff is bumped to 12 teams and with 4 teams getting a bye.

Between that, NIL, and all the transfers… I think I’m just done with CFB entirely at this point. Last year was the least I had watched in probably 20+ years and I don’t have the slightest interest in it at all anymore, sadly.

My biggest question is going to be how USC/UCLA navigate being in a east coast conference.

USC plays every other week at home - so their last three games are in LA (vs. Nebraska, at UCLA, vs Notre Dame). UCLA’s schedule is even more odd - 2 of their last three games are out of conference.

Im adding Oregon to Notre Dame as I always feel they are a high pick then fail to win the big games. Beat by Washington twice last year and about .500 against top-25 teams the past few years. I think Dan Lanning is the man for the job and they have a favorable schedule, but they will need to beat Ohio State in the regular season or conference championship.

Notre Dame rankings are like Sex Panther….60% of the time, it works everytime.

It is a sad commentary on today’s NCAA that the National Champ runner up is not on here.