Chelsea Sodaro New Coach?

I heard on ProTri News and read here too that Chelsea Sodaro has switched coaches. She was previously with Dan Plews and everything with EndureIQ seemed to be centered on her. Any details of this change, and who is the new coach?

Did you read the thread on her?

Got a link? All I’ve seen here is a thread about her and Canyon. Someone mentioned the coach change, but haven’t seen the details. Maybe I’m missing it (if so, I apologize)

Got a link? All I’ve seen here is a thread about her and Canyon. Someone mentioned the coach change, but haven’t seen the details. Maybe I’m missing it (if so, I apologize)

Agreed. Someplace, in some thread, someone wrote a very brief note, that no one else commented on, that said her new coach is Bjorn Geesman - - the same coach for Kat Matthews and Patrick Lange. hycys.de

Agreed. Someplace, in some thread, someone wrote a very brief note, that no one else commented on, that said her new coach is Bjorn Geesman - - the same coach for Kat Matthews and Patrick Lange. hycys.de

Interesting if this is true. Curious about why. Maybe it’s pure results driven? Sam Long left Dan Plews a while ago too…

Interesting if this is true. Curious about why. Maybe it’s pure results driven? Sam Long left Dan Plews a while ago too…

It’s not Bjorn. She will probably announce this weekend with the leak of the news and the bike change

I am sure I recall him saying in an interview that he would only ever coach 3 male and 3 female pros at a time. He already coaches Kat Matthews, Daniela Bleymehl and Jocelyn McCauley so I’m curious to know if his policy has changed; if he’s parted with one of the other women; or if this is fake news?

It’s not Bjorn. She will probably announce this weekend with the leak of the news and the bike change

i guess that one i should have put in pink given that the his wind tunnel has a connection with canyon.

i guess that one i should have put in pink given that the his wind tunnel has a connection with canyon.

Jack Kelly said something intelligent this week (not pink).
He talked about having to step up one’s “bike game”, that tri biking is approaching WT riding. He’s not far off.
The mentioned how the women will follow the trends of the men. Coaches with heavy biking experience. All the innovations that come with WT cycling…
The pros that don’t “get it”, will be left behind.
Chelsea went WT level in her choices.

I can remember Jocelyn left Bjorn some while ago, she posted that on het IG account

I think long course pros might try to go for the WT level bike fitness as in “World Triathlon” bike fitness first, before gunning for the version of WT that Jack Kelly mentioned 😉

I think long course pros might try to go for the WT level bike fitness as in “World Triathlon” bike fitness first, before gunning for the version of WT that Jack Kelly mentioned 😉

Let me rephrase.

Being a WT riders requires several skills. You need WTour level power, WTour level handling skills, WTour attention to details (usually handled by the team), the willingness to be away from home 10 months out of 12…and a few more

Some guys are near the power levels of the 2nd (maybe 3rd) tier WT guys. Some are paying attention to detail. The rest is less important. None of them have WTour handling skills.

He talked about having to step up one’s “bike game”, that tri biking is approaching WT riding. He’s not far off.
The mentioned how the women will follow the trends of the men. Coaches with heavy biking experience. All the innovations that come with WT cycling…

I’m genuinely curious what you mean that “tri biking is not far off World Tour level” ?

Over the last few years I’ve become an avid cycling fan, as much as a triathlon fan, and the last three weeks, incredible things happened at the Tour de France.

In what sense do you think tri biking is getting close to World Tour level or cycling?

I’m genuinely curious what you mean that “tri biking is not far off World Tour level” ?

Over the last few years I’ve become an avid cycling fan, as much as a triathlon fan, and the last three weeks, incredible things happened at the Tour de France.

In what sense do you think tri biking is getting close to World Tour level or cycling?

More and more guys (and I assume gals) are able to generate the power some of the 2nd or 3rd tier WT riders can. Not Pog level but very respectable.

The attention to detail in cycling is becoming F1ish. Some of the top triathletes know this and are following. (There are a lot more “stupid” things being done, but that is another conversation)

Some triathletes were fair well in a sub 1hr TT. 15 years ago (Tour de California like) they would have been crushed.

so dan lorang? why are we all being so cryptic?

More and more guys (and I assume gals) are able to generate the power some of the 2nd or 3rd tier WT riders can. Not Pog level but very respectable.

The attention to detail in cycling is becoming F1ish. Some of the top triathletes know this and are following. (There are a lot more “stupid” things being done, but that is another conversation)

Some triathletes were fair well in a sub 1hr TT. 15 years ago (Tour de California like) they would have been crushed.

About 14-15 years ago during the 50km TT at nationals I remember finishing 4s behind a pro tour rider who won the Tour de Suisse TT ahead of Cancellara and the long TT at the Vuelta ahead of Contador the same year. No comparison between us otherwise though…

I do agree about the tech and attention to detail part as there’s definitely an enormous difference between then and now in triathlon.

i dont disagree at all .but in fairness this is now the 25 th change from the runners have no chance to the days of the cyclists are over and the likes of long and trevor foley have no chance with their swim
we said after stadler the cyclist days are over then when crowie was beaten the runner days were over etc etc
every year we come up with a new rule depending where we are
you could also argue swim coaches and tri coaches like lorang and louis delahaye made cycling actually better ie there has always been an exchange .
dont forget it was the triathlon and swim coaches that made cyclistes train twice a day getting them out of the old days of just cycling 6 hours a day.
as dan lorang said a while ago there is many things a triathletes can learn form a cyclists and there is many things cyclists can learn from triathletes.
and it was also triathletes that embraced new bike tec faster than the cyclists cyclists would still ride on 19 mm tubulars if it was not for tri lol

the likes of hellriegel and leder did train with pro cycle teams 30 years ago

in short i think you are looking at this a bit too one dimensional . but i do certainly agree there is a lot tri can learn from cycling. and from swimming and running and and and .
and as you say there is likely anohter tri coach that will be hired by a cycle team.

i dont disagree at all .but in fairness this is now the 25 th change from the runners have no chance to the days of the cyclists are over and the likes of long and trevor foley have no chance with their swim
we said after stadler the cyclist days are over then when crowie was beaten the runner days were over etc etc
every year we come up with a new rule depending where we are
you could also argue swim coaches and tri coaches like lorang and louis delahaye made cycling actually better ie there has always been an exchange .
dont forget it was the triathlon and swim coaches that made cyclistes train twice a day getting them out of the old days of just cycling 6 hours a day.
as dan lorang said a while ago there is many things a triathletes can learn form a cyclists and there is many things cyclists can learn from triathletes.
and it was also triathletes that embraced new bike tec faster than the cyclists cyclists would still ride on 19 mm tubulars if it was not for tri lol

the likes of hellriegel and leder did train with pro cycle teams 30 years ago

in short i think you are looking at this a bit too one dimensional . but i do certainly agree there is a lot tri can learn from cycling. and from swimming and running and and and .
and as you say there is likely anohter tri coach that will be hired by a cycle team.

I think the comments Jack made was the gap between “real swimmers” and triathletes or “real runners” and triathletes is wider than between “real cyclists” and triathletes. Of course there are exceptions, especially with athletes that come from one of those “real” backgrounds, like LCB.

BTW, cyclists are wide open to innovation and tech. Their teams often less. Young riders are super into the tech stuff.

On another track, any rumors of Ashley Gentle’s new coach ? I am curious to see if my theory of moving towards top cycling coaches holds.

Remember that time when Peter Reid went with Chris Carmichael as his cycling coach?

Is it common knowledge Ashley Gentle got a new coach? I haven’t seen that mentioned anywhere.