Chattanooga 70.3 (3)

Race is on now and Folely is quickly headed to the front - his first race since getting hit by a car.

Anyone else watching?

Now that you mention, I better go check out the action. What happened on the swim (was there a massive current, or just moderate)?

I heard it was going to be a massive current, but looking at the times, it looks like it saved them about two minutes

Folely just took the lead on the bike

FYI…The swim is 1.4 instead of 1.2 miles.

Ok, that must have been a ripping current, then!

Ok, that must have been a ripping current, then!

Good coverage. Perfect weather. I love that course and race.

Listen I was a fan of Rinny during her racing career as much as anyone, but maybe it’s time to pull the plug on this commentating experiment? Listening to her stumbling through the Race Ranger description for the 4th straight race is tough.

Solid race. Justin Riele who I have become a fan as of late I am hoping he can get a top 5. He is a top end Swimmer and FOP biker but his running he is still working on. I think Laundry probably gets the win here. Foley doesn’t have the run miles so not sure where he ends up. Probably top 3ish. I am honestly not as familiar as the rest of the top 8ish. Look for Mattox to move up here on the run. Just my gut on what’s going to happen.

Great to see Miguel back after his crash. I’m a fan of his YouTube channel since he was an AGer, so I hope he gets a good result today.

Being from Wisconsin, I’m jealous of those roads. They look so smooth.

Agreed. I briefly met him and Jenna in Kona in '22 and they were very nice. I think he has a real chance at a top 5. Based on his latest video he is running well.

What was the previous fastest time on that bike course, I’m curious?

IronMan‘s website forces me to go to the tracker app to see any results, and results only go back to 2019. Looking up 2017 world championship results, and results between 2019 and now, I think Folely set the bike course record at 1:58 today?

I thought this course has around 1000m climbing like St. George or was that just for world’s ?

I thought this course has around 1000m climbing like St. George or was that just for world’s ?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong? But today’s bike course was the same as 2017 world’s? 2,218ft/618m of elevation gain Or, did 2017 climb up Lookout mountain, and this year they do not?

Jackson quickly moving to the front of the run

What was the previous fastest time on that bike course, I’m curious?

IronMan‘s website forces me to go to the tracker app to see any results, and results only go back to 2019. Looking up 2017 world championship results, and results between 2019 and now, I think Folely set the bike course record at 1:58 today?Your short cut to discover the answer is Thorsten’s seedings: https://www.trirating.com/...4-may-19th-seedings/
Or go to PTO’s stats: https://stats.protriathletes.org/...tanooga/2023/results
And tabs for every year’s results since 2015.
Would be amazed if Quenet can maintain the pace he’s set. Laundry will run through and Hanson looks like running through. I can find a 69:09 best for Hanson: he ran the first half faster than that.

Would be amazed if Quenet can maintain the pace he’s set. Laundry will run through and Hanson looks like running through. I can find a 69:09 best for Hanson: he ran the first half faster than that.Well got two out of three right: Quenet blow; Laundry run through but what about Hanson “running through” I said. And some.
Hope Quenet gets cooling aid swiftly. But he went out fast (<72mins pace). Why not just run with Laundry, if you’re feeling good?
If EPB weakens, and she may (Marbella 7 days ago: hard race ftw) then Hering will close on her: still 5 miles to go.

Quenet looked bad. I hope med he gets help soon.

Listen I was a fan of Rinny during her racing career as much as anyone, but maybe it’s time to pull the plug on this commentating experiment? Listening to her stumbling through the Race Ranger description for the 4th straight race is tough.

Agreed. Just awful. It was much more enjoyable to watch her race than listen to her stumble.

Agreed. Just awful. It was much more enjoyable to watch her race than listen to her stumble.Listen I was a fan of Welchy during his racing career as much as anyone, but maybe it’s time to pull the plug on this commentating experiment? Give me Carfrae any time. “Absolutely”
Hering not giving up!