Challenge Roth Predictions & Race day ticker

A bit early, I know, but just saw Tomas Rodriguez announcing he is racing (and that he will attempt to go sub 2:30)

Until now, I have seen Lange & Ditlev announced! Fast day for sure! Lange´s gonna want some revence from Texas :slight_smile:

A bit early, I know, but just saw Tomas Rodriguez announcing he is racing (and that he will attempt to go sub 2:30)

Until now, I have seen Lange & Ditlev announced! Fast day for sure! Lange´s gonna want some revence from Texas :slight_smile:

With Tomas racing, it will make it doubly exciting

I can see Lange, Ditlev and him running for the win

Ladies will be Laura Philips!

Looks like Tomás is OUT 🫡

Ditlev on the other hand looks SHARP.

Let’s go Roth

1000041475.jpg
1000041475.jpg

Sad to see that the hype around Lange vs Rodriguez rivalry died before it seriously started. For Tomas himself, it means he can remain a real threat for #1 in the IM Pro Series.

After looking at Thorsten’s start list (LINK) I noticed a name that I haven’t heard in a while, Mr Andrew Starykowicz!!!

Oh la la! Crazy!

After looking at Thorsten’s start list (LINK) I noticed a name that I haven’t heard in a while, Mr Andrew Starykowicz!!!

Such a weak women’s field, I guess they spent all their appearance fee money on the men.

Women SOF is 85.18, which is higher than this year’s IM Texas (83.32), IM Hamburg (80.81) or IM Cairns (78.73).

I derive from it, that the SOF for Roth women race is really good, but relatively weak compared to Roth men race (SOF of 92.8 you get only in IM WC or PTO).

For me it will be a great 64th birthday party! 10th time at Roth . . . 1st in 1989!

iam keen on the over 80 relay if their plan is sub 1.10 swim sub 6 bike and 4,15 run the runner is 84 i think

Women SOF is 85.18, which is higher than this year’s IM Texas (83.32), IM Hamburg (80.81) or IM Cairns (78.73).

I derive from it, that the SOF for Roth women race is really good, but relatively weak compared to Roth men race (SOF of 92.8 you get only in IM WC or PTO).

SOF only takes into account top 5…and here you roughly have only 5 relevant women. Incredibly weak field, especially compared to men, which again is skewed by a couple people.

well lange is not in the top 5 ranked… he is no 7

iam keen on the over 80 relay if their plan is sub 1.10 swim sub 6 bike and 4,15 run the runner is 84 I think//

Do you have their names? I mean that would be pretty astonishing if some 80 year old did 1;10 for a legit swim… Cannot speak to the bike, maybe some of you top AG’ers who still race bikes can chime in…

Rudy will be there and his form is better than at IMFL last year

-Kyle Smith is out according to Thorsten as he crossed his name

• Leon Chevalier may have a tough time as there are many good swim-bikers and he is pretty much the only weaker swimmer among the contenders.

• Hope Mignon has a good training day one week after a hard race at Les Sables. Long who tried to race a half the week before two years ago showed it is not a wise bet. I would go as far as saying that he is used to bag races just to get appeareance fee at T100 (Miami and Singapore) so he shoud really go for the IM Series : his performance in Les Sables showed that he can stay within 5 minutes of the winner even in a WC field and he knows Kona with a good 9th place for his first dance (with a 5’ penalty)

iam keen on the over 80 relay if their plan is sub 1.10 swim sub 6 bike and 4,15 run the runner is 84 I think//

Do you have their names? I mean that would be pretty astonishing if some 80 year old did 1;10 for a legit swim… Cannot speak to the bike, maybe some of you top AG’ers who still race bikes can chime in…
https://www.openwaterpedia.com/wiki/Joachim_Hintze
Guy swam 13.43 in Doha for the 800 free this year to win over 80 age group
Werner stoecker for the run did also one of the best over 80s
And I believe the over 80 100k world champ. And set a world record in 85 age group for 50 k in 5.23 this year
Paul thelen is the cyclist
I am usually not interested in relays in ironmans but that one I like they have over 1 year per kilometer… 247years in total it says

Rudy will be there and his form is better than at IMFL last yearAnd RvB seems to be all in on T100, plus this and Kona. Maybe “his form is better than at IMFL” but is that a useful benchmark? Remember IM Florida was against lacklustre opposition and essentially an ‘out-of-season’ play to get a Kona slot.
Is his form ‘better than IMWC Nice’? To beat Lange, Ditlev and Mignon, it’ll need to be up there: his T100 races suggest he’s there or thereabouts.
Roth discussion in PTN pod: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-169-are-penalties-too-harsh/id1559781865?i=1000660723852 scroll to 23:30
Thorsten’s trirating seedings (last minute) (already linked by @Whittlefit): https://www.trirating.com/challenge-roth-2024-july-7th-seedings/

Remember IM Florida was against lacklustre opposition and essentially an ‘out-of-season’ play to get a Kona slot

Yah, Magus Ditliv, et al, are certainly lackluster!!

SOF only takes into account top 5…and here you roughly have only 5 relevant women. Incredibly weak field, especially compared to men, which again is skewed by a couple people.

i predict anne haug to win …

-Kyle Smith is out according to Thorsten as he crossed his name
I assume Kyle is all in for T100 London.