Challenge Montreal (Esprit) - Roll Call 6-8 Sep 2024

Sprint, Olympic, half IM on deck on the formula 1 track in Montreal this weekend. How many of you will be there. I’m in the half IM on Sunday. Swim is out and back in the 1976 Olympic rowing basin, 21 loops of the F1 track plus out and back (I think it adds up to 91.5 km) and run is 4.5 loops of the Olympic rowing basin which can be mind numbing but its fast.

I lost track of how many times I have raced, it but first time racing there was 1988 on the track. Let’s see if I can get inside 1 hrs slower than my best time on that course in 2006 (that was 4:14 just before turning 41, now closing in on 59 and barely shuffling)

See you there Dev. (5 IM’s, 4 HIM’s & 2 OLY’s)
I make you look fast…kid

It’s predicting sunshine for Sunday.
Not quite so many spectators as the picture.

You did the Esprit full IM 5 times ?

This is a great race! Wish I was still racing or had gone to it more than once. Still remember the epic smackdown race we all had with Murphy’s Law, yourself, myself and others. What a fun race. Too bad the race smackdown/race report thread can’t be linked to anymore.

Have a great race!

Did it 6 times.
Finished it 5 times…
(DNF’d the first one)…:0(

As it was on a Saturday, I used to drive up Friday, then drive home after the Race Awards Breakfast on Sunday, and back to business on Monday. No time for all that WTC nonsense with registrations days in advance and all the lining up. Broke my heart when they stopped doing the whole distance.

You’re such a motivator! Always enjoy hearing from you.
I did the same course for Tri Worlds-have no idea what year.
get at it

Always wanted to do this event.
Drove the F1 track as a tourist this summer and immediately got how amazing it would be to race there.

Oooh! I’ve done this race before. It’s really well run. That bike course is a gas. It’s bendy, with a couple of tiny rises, but it’s fast. Have fun!