3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

Georgia is better than Ohio State. Michigan might be better then both of them.

FSU has to not screw up then beat most likely Louisville.

Everyone else has a whole lot of playing each other and championship games. This is just a good way to give OSU haters something to talk about.

The metrics like OSU but the eyeball test says UGA and UM are 1/2 then a lot of parity through about 6th or 8th.

FSU has to not screw up then beat most likely Louisville.

Everyone else has a whole lot of playing each other and championship games. This is just a good way to give OSU haters something to talk about.

The metrics like OSU but the **eyeball test says UGA and UM **are 1/2 then a lot of parity through about 6th or 8th.

Yup.

Texas was a good team but without their starting QB they are not the same team. I do think Oregon is the best one loss team right now.

Ohio State and that school up north are appropriately ranked.

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

What are we basing this off of. I would assume W/L record than quality of wins / strength of schedule so far (well Actually I would assume it is on something else, cause if they used that Mich would not currently be in the top 4)

None of this matters, its just away to get readers, to get clicks to make money.

OSU and Mich can not both end undefeated. - Mich’s quality win at this point is?? I don’t know Georgia’s schedule to date,

I would guess using my above criteria it should be more like (not taking time to look at each teams SoS or oppenents)
1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

But again, its pointless, Michigan wins out they are in, OSU wins out they are in. The rest win out they are in. Boom there is your playoff. Anyone else loses and well you got a shit show. But really to argue which 8-0 team is better, has zero relevance. When 4 get in and for now you can only have 4 8=0’s.

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

What are we basing this off of. I would assume W/L record than quality of wins / strength of schedule so far (well Actually I would assume it is on something else, cause if they used that Mich would not currently be in the top 4)

None of this matters, its just away to get readers, to get clicks to make money.

OSU and Mich can not both end undefeated. - Mich’s quality win at this point is?? I don’t know Georgia’s schedule to date,

I would guess using my above criteria it should be more like (not taking time to look at each teams SoS or oppenents)
1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

But again, its pointless, Michigan wins out they are in, OSU wins out they are in. The rest win out they are in. Boom there is your playoff. Anyone else loses and well you got a shit show. But really to argue which 8-0 team is better, has zero relevance. When 4 get in and for now you can only have 4 8=0’s.

This is the most college football I have watched in years and I forgot how great this part of the season is. Debating who is ranked where, why, and who will survive.

Big Ten and Pac-12 championships will serve as defacto quarterfinal matchup, however, I can see either Michigan or Ohio State losing one game wherever before the season ends and still making it in. Alabama I think made it one year without even going to their conference championship.

November is shaping up to be great.

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

and a whole lot of teams that could play spoiler. Any of these undefeated teams could lose any weekend. I think Oregon is the most dangerous 1 loss team and is going to find a way to get in.

I was against the CFP expansion and now looking at some of these potential matchups and having a team really earn winning the championship I am all for it.

Bring on November!

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

This is the most college football I have watched in years and I forgot how great this part of the season is. Debating who is ranked where, why, and who will survive.

Big Ten and Pac-12 championships will serve as defacto quarterfinal matchup, however, I can see either Michigan or Ohio State losing one game wherever before the season ends and still making it in. Alabama I think made it one year without even going to their conference championship.

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

and a whole lot of teams that could play spoiler. Any of these undefeated teams could lose any weekend. I think Oregon is the most dangerous 1 loss team and is going to find a way to get in.

I was against the CFP expansion and now looking at some of these potential matchups and having a team really earn winning the championship I am all for it.

Bring on November!

Uhm no, the Big 10 Championship game is a Joke, all the good teams are in one side and the truely dead are in the other Minn is leading the Big 10 West.

Most likely the OSU vs Mich game is the Defacto quarterfinal Win your in, lose your out. I can’t see taking a 2nd big 10 team with 1 loss, but It will matter what all the other teams do. Like I said, for the undefeated its pretty easy, keep winning and your in. the 1 loss teams, need to keep winning and hope an undefeated or 2 lose.

The Ohio State ranking can be read as “The team with the best chance to make it with one loss.”

Run the table and they’re in. That’s a no brainer.

Lose to Michigan, slip a few spots, maybe need another team or two to lose to be right back into fourth or higher.

I truly believe the committee considers “what if’s” to manipulate the final field and this is a gift to OSU. Conversely, if Michigan loses that matchup it is far harder to get back to fourth.

These rankings answer one question to me: Does the committee see this as a year to take two teams from the Big Ten or the SEC, if the cards fall right?

Advantage Big Ten.

It also gives them a back door if Michigan beats OSU but then loses the Big Ten Championship Game (as unlikely as that is). OSU in and Michigan out, but still one Big Ten team is in.

Georgia is the undefeated two time defending national champion. I’m surprised they didn’t have Notre Dame ranked higher.

Georgia is the undefeated two time defending national champion. I’m surprised they didn’t have Notre Dame ranked higher.

Surprised because they always seem to be ranked when they don’t deserve to be or because you think they are good? :slight_smile:

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

Bring on November!

Uhm no, the Big 10 Championship game is a Joke, all the good teams are in one side and the truely dead are in the other Minn is leading the Big 10 West.

Most likely the OSU vs Mich game is the Defacto quarterfinal Win your in, lose your out. I can’t see taking a 2nd big 10 team with 1 loss, but It will matter what all the other teams do. Like I said, for the undefeated its pretty easy, keep winning and your in. the 1 loss teams, need to keep winning and hope an undefeated or 2 lose.

Yep, the East has UM OSU PSU.
The west has Wisconsin? Minnesota? Iowa? Nebraska? MN lost to UM 52-10. Nebraska lost to UM 45-7. Iowa lost to PSU 31-0. Wisconsin might have the best claim, they only lost to OSU 24-10.

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

The defacto Big Ten Championship…OSU vs Michigan…will decide their fate. But, OSU lost to Michigan last year and still made their way into the final four. This year may be different. As others have said, Oregon may be the best one loss team on the list, and the way November plays out with the other teams, could move Oregon up. Washington has not looked as dominant the past two games. Michigan cannot afford to lose to OSU. OSU’s schedule is much more daunting (games against ND, Penn State, etc…) but Michigan is beating the snot out of everyone they play (ignoring the current scandal).

Alabama continues to look better and better with each of their games. We will find out how they perform against a potential Heisman OB with LSU this weekend.

UGA appears to be improving as the season progresses as well. Their QB, Carson Beck, put on a show during the UF game, even without Brock Bowers. The UGA receivers are not OSU receivers but they are certainly performing well

Yep, the East has UM OSU PSU.
The west has Wisconsin? Minnesota? Iowa? Nebraska? MN lost to UM 52-10. Nebraska lost to UM 45-7. Iowa lost to PSU 31-0. Wisconsin might have the best claim, they only lost to OSU 24-10.

MSU, PSU, OSU and UM are the only teams that have won the B1G with the current divisions. They are all in the East. The divisions couldn’t be any more imbalanced.

Wisconsin did win a couple in the old Leaders/Legends divisions.

Surprised because they always seem to be ranked when they don’t deserve to be or because you think they are good? :slight_smile:

Sarcasm…Ric Flair says, “To be the man you gotta beat the man.” Apparently not in College Football.

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

Bring on November!

I retract my statement. Michigan beat Ohio state and they both got in last year, along with TCU.

It might not even be a quarter final.

Or one of them could lose the big ten championship and not get a spot.

Both are entirely possible.

Sorry to all the Oregon and Washington fans. But I’d say Texas is the best 1 loss team. They are brutal physically. Only loss was to Oklahoma. I could easily see them sliding into the playoffs if Oregon and Washington lose. Plus they are future SEC. Which we all know the CFP loves.

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

Bring on November!

I retract my statement. Michigan beat Ohio state and they both got in last year, along with TCU.

Alabama got in the same way once. And even though it benefitted OSU, I don’t think this should happen. If you don’t make the championship game you don’t make the playoffs. By not making it you are able to avoid playing another tough game. When Michigan loses against OSU they have 1 loss, by not playing the championship game they avoid the risk of a second loss which would put them out. It would be different if an unbeaten team was left out of the championship game based on some arcane league tiebreaker. But missing because you just got beat and then going to the playoffs just ain’t right.

Sorry to all the Oregon and Washington fans. But I’d say Texas is the best 1 loss team. They are brutal physically. Only loss was to Oklahoma. I could easily see them sliding into the playoffs if Oregon and Washington lose. Plus they are future SEC. Which we all know the CFP loves.

We will learn a lot about Texas this weekend. Although they are playing their backup QB, I think they roll over KSU. KSU has decimated their opponents the last couple of weeks, however every one of those opponents is sub 500 on the season.

The big 10 is a joke, it really only comes down to OSU and Michigan. Penn State proved over the last couple weeks what a fraud they are this season.

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

Bring on November!

LOL… The East lose the BIG10 championship has happened … NEVER, and the odds of it this season are probably the lowest they have ever been (can they be less than zero) Minn is leading the west right now and lost to Michigan 52-10

No its not at all possible, for the West to win the Big10 Championship (setting my self up for a statement that doesn’t age well,LOL)

Highest score for the west 24 pts. the east scored less than that once when a 5th ranked msu played a 4th ranked Iowa and won 16 to 13.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 1233.png

1. Ohio State 8-0
  2. Georgia 8-0
  3. Michigan 8-0
  4. Florida State 8-0
  5. Washington 8-0
  6. Oregon 7-1
  7. Texas 7-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. Oklahoma 7-1
  10. Ole Miss 7-1

1)OSU
2)FSU
3)Georgia
4)Washington
5)Michigan

This weekend
Georgia/Missouri
Texas/Kanas State
LSU/Alabama

Bring on November!

LOL… The East lose the BIG10 championship has happened … NEVER, and the odds of it this season are probably the lowest they have ever been (can they be less than zero) Minn is leading the west right now and lost to Michigan 52-10

No its not at all possible, for the West to win the Big10 Championship (setting my self up for a statement that doesn’t age well,LOL)

Highest score for the west 24 pts. the east scored less than that once when a 5th ranked msu played a 4th ranked Iowa and won 16 to 13.

This really is your first year watching college football isn’t it?

It is going to happen? Probably not, is it not at all possible? No, you are factually incorrect. I can’t tell if that comment is just trolling or just that ignorant.

Just this past weekend Ohio State struggled in Madison against a team without its QB1, RB 1 and 2, WR 1, and TE1. That is the #1 ranked CFP team.

You have been so vocal about, Michigan having slow starts, what if they have a slow start in the big ten championship and let a team like Iowa get ahead? Good thing if they go to the big ten championship it’s a bye week and they won’t be tested, extra rest for that playoff game.

Penn State barely beat Indiana this past weekend…at home, yes they are in the east, but they are 0-5 in conference play, that is worse then ever single team in the west.

Here’s a great scenario

Penn State beats Michigan
Michigan beats Ohio State

Now you have a 3-way tie in the big ten east all with 1 total loss. I am unsure of the tiebreaker scenario but that can put Penn State back in the running as a 1 loss team.

But let’s be honest, no upsets will occur, the favorite team will win every game.