Capt Ahab, Jr

the latest is Trump’s newest campaign advisor chainsawed the head off a beached whale and mounted it for transport on the family vehicle, for some reason

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/aug/27/rfk-jr-dead-whale

Well, he fits right in with his new “weird” party.

i’ll concede that having a whale’s skull would be cool, if you’re into that kind of decor

but getting it off and cleaned/bleached takes some Hannibal Lector kind of energy

I suspect ol’ Junior has never been told ‘no’ in his life. There are too many WTF stories trickling out to believe this guy has lived within any kind of socially acceptable guardrails.

He’s single-handedly made a laughingstock of a legendary brand, lot of that going around

i’ll concede that having a whale’s skull would be cool, if you’re into that kind of decor

I found a vertebrae on the beach once - it was as big as my laptop

D’Wife said I couldn’t keep it

I imagine people walking on the beach the next day…

“hey, look, a dead whale…um, WTF happened to his head?”

I have so many questions -

How much work is involved in beheading a whale? - do you use a chainsaw? Hacksaw? big knife?

Who cleans up the remaining mess? do they just let it rot? have a local fisherman drag it out to sea? or do sanitation workers clean it up?

https://youtu.be/V6CLumsir34?si=jFlcBTOQagyel4ej

I suspect ol’ Junior has never been told ‘no’ in his life. There are too many WTF stories trickling out to believe this guy has lived within any kind of socially acceptable guardrails.

I’ve seen some anecdotes floating around social media regarding his diary, his innumerable affairs and his ex wife’s suicide (and his words at her funeral). I don’t know if they’re true but they are several rings of Hell below complimentary.

Not that it matters. Trump’s campaign is a refuge for scoundrels. What’s one more.

That will never not be funny.

Rotten whale falling from the sky.

At my wife’s direction, I’ve several times stopped to pick up roadkill and beach carcasses. She then macerated them by simmering in a large pot. Sometimes at the lab, sometimes on our home stove. It literally smells like hot, rotting death. The stench is ghastly.

Of course, she’s a forensic scientist and not running for president. So there’s that.

I have to admit, the rattlesnake skeleton that had the mouse skeleton inside it, and the panther skull with a hole from a different panther’s tooth that came from a to-the-death fight - pretty cool.

At my wife’s direction, I’ve several times stopped to pick up roadkill and beach carcasses. She then macerated them by simmering in a large pot. Sometimes at the lab, sometimes on our home stove. It literally smells like hot, rotting death. The stench is ghastly.

Of course, she’s a forensic scientist and not running for president. So there’s that.

I have to admit, the rattlesnake skeleton that had the mouse skeleton inside it, and the panther skull with a hole from a different panther’s tooth that came from a to-the-death fight - pretty cool.

Do you find that you do not have many repeat dinner guests?

Do you find that you do not have many repeat dinner guests?

:slight_smile:

When my wife was in grad school for forensics the lab would get together for dinner sometimes. It was like having a meal with a dozen Dexters.

Combine that with the fact my wife used to play roller derby, and I always say I need to stay on good terms with her, because she’s tough enough to kill me and skilled enough to ensure nobody ever even finds my corpse.