BTA Mount Plate

I am looking for a thin metal plate I can put in my stack to hold my BTA bottle. Here are some photos of what I have now and I am looking to replace the Xlab Torpedo Kompact with a thin (1-2mm not 5-10mm because I don’t want the extra stack height) but sturdy piece of metal that has 2 screw holes for the aerobar clamp screws on each side (about 120mm from one bar clamp to the other) and 2 screw holes for the bottle cage (standard 64mm apart.) The Torpedo Kompact is just wobbly front to back because of the way it is attached. Any suggestions?

IMG_0622.jpeg

I would look for a carbon-composite plate around 2-3mm thick. JMS Plastics sells this called TL-2100. Any metal including aluminum which has the least flex will still be flimsy around 2mm.

I’ve been happy with the Zipp Vuka BTA mount and Wolftooth B-Rad adapter to bring the torpedo back. It’s very solid and includes computer mount.

This might be what you’re looking for

Thanks, my aerobars and BTA mount are on a 15 degree angle, and to avoid the bottle dripping onto my headset/frame/me I have been pointing my bottle cage forward (opening/top of bottle in front.) I know tons of folks point the bottle backwards so that must be a tolerable solution, but that’s why I previously eliminated the Zipp Vulka as a solution (because it seems to require the bottle be pointed backwards to not get in the way of the computer mount.) In fact I realize now that as long as the bottle is mostly filled, I’d risk it leaking when it’s on its side whether it was pointed forwards or backwards. I’ll give the ZIpp Vulka, with my bottle pointed backwards, a try! Should definitely be more stable than the velcro setup I have now.

I have a new design in the works. It will offer 22.2 attachment option as well as angle adjust on the bottle cage mount.

Still collecting quotations and finalizing the design.

Very intrigued!

By the way, the base bar is the 3T Aura Pro (which establishes how far apart the aerobar support stacks are), and the screw holes that I was thinking I’d sandwich the BTA bottle cage are defined by the AeroCoach clamps. I can provide more detail for anyone interested. It’s a very Frankestein setup (from bottom to top): 3T Aura Pro Basebar > AeroCoach angled riser and clamps > 3T Ski Bend bars > FastTT brackets > TriRig angled risers for arm cups > TriRig Scoops

Thanks, my aerobars and BTA mount are on a 15 degree angle, and to avoid the bottle dripping onto my headset/frame/me I have been pointing my bottle cage forward (opening/top of bottle in front.) I know tons of folks point the bottle backwards so that must be a tolerable solution, but that’s why I previously eliminated the Zipp Vulka as a solution (because it seems to require the bottle be pointed backwards to not get in the way of the computer mount.) In fact I realize now that as long as the bottle is mostly filled, I’d risk it leaking when it’s on its side whether it was pointed forwards or backwards. I’ll give the ZIpp Vulka, with my bottle pointed backwards, a try! Should definitely be more stable than the velcro setup I have now.

I used an adjustable bottle cage slide to posisition the cage more rearward and had plenty of room for a standard bottle pointing forward. You can do something similar with the Wolftooth B rad mounting rails

honestly that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Please do provide pics. I am sure there is a better/ cleaner solution out there as well as safer…

I would 100% recommend making something custom out of a 2mm thick sheet of carbon. I have done so for several of my bikes and it is rock solid. It bolts in under your arm cups and has practically 0 flex. Plus it’s a fun little project if you’re handy with a dremel! Feel free to shoot me a pm if you want some details.

perhaps https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/products/anemoi-bta-mount?variant=41752236523700

I would 100% recommend making something custom out of a 2mm thick sheet of carbon. I have done so for several of my bikes and it is rock solid. It bolts in under your arm cups and has practically 0 flex. Plus it’s a fun little project if you’re handy with a dremel! Feel free to shoot me a pm if you want some details.

Cool idea! Sounds like you have done this? Any photos?