Boebert goes District Shopping

She barely won a district in 2022 (a few hundred votes) that Trump had won by over 8% in 2020.

So, she’s off to a new district (the 4th) that she should be able to hold onto IF she can get through the primary. Seems that it is a bit more of a crowded field with the incumbent not running for re-election. So, does the 4th District want a reasonable Republican or a Looney Tune?

She should be banned from running in the new district

I want a Republican opponent from her new district to race into Colorado court and insist that it strictly enforce eligibility requirements.

I want a Republican opponent from her new district to race into Colorado court and insist that it strictly enforce eligibility requirements.

I imagine one will.

Apparently she does not live there yet. Any idea what the criteria is/when does she need residency?

I imagine one will.

Apparently she does not live there yet. Any idea what the criteria is/when does she need residency?

I think the article I read simply stated they need to reside in Colorado and not the district they are running in.

I imagine one will.

I think the article I read simply stated they need to reside in Colorado and not the district they are running in.

Surprising, but apparently that is right.

https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Candidates/qualifications.html

She barely won a district in 2022 (a few hundred votes) that Trump had won by over 8% in 2020.

So, she’s off to a new district (the 4th) that she should be able to hold onto IF she can get through the primary. Seems that it is a bit more of a crowded field with the incumbent not running for re-election. So, does the 4th District want a reasonable Republican or a Looney Tune?

Isn’t this the same thing Clinton did except she shopped states rather than districts?

Isn’t this the same thing Clinton did except she shopped states rather than districts?

Yes. I would make no claim that both sides don’t do it.

Good old fashioned carpetbaggers. Apparently New Yorkers didn’t care.

Reminds me of Yogi Berra: “if the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them”
(OKAY, I’ll admit to always looking for an excuse to quote Yogi)

I imagine one will.

https://www.sos.state.co.us/.../qualifications.html

I had heard 12 months from election day, but it looks like that is STATE rep.

Not exactly, but close. They bought a house in Westchester county NY in Sept 99, knowing that a NY Senator was retiring.

What’s Dr Oz up to these days?

Looney Tune. There are many good people there but also a lot of Bobo loving nuts.

She will not be the only person running that does not live there. I think there are 12 people running and a couple of them don’t live there.

The 4th district is hardcore Trump land. I’m
Sure she will do fine.

I live in the 2nd district, represented by the reasonable Joe Neguse, which neighbors the 4th.

It’s not hyperbolic to say that the 4th feels like a different culture from the 2nd. I regularly grocery shop in Weld county (it’s a bit closer than the. nearest King Soopers in Larimer county, where I live) and it always surprising how different the culture and people are in Weld county, even just at the grocery store.

The 4th district is hardcore Trump land. I’m
Sure she will do fine.

I live in the 2nd district, represented by the reasonable Joe Neguse, which neighbors the 8th.

It’s not hyperbolic to say that the 8th feels like a different culture from the 2nd. I regularly grocery shop in Weld county (it’s a bit closer than the. nearest King Soopers in Larimer county, where I live) and it always surprising how different the culture and people are in Weld county, even just at the grocery store.

Indeed. Lots of III% stickers on huge trucks and Trump flags.

I was glad when I got redistricted into Joe’s district. It has been interesting watching Ken Buck evolve. Years ago he would say all kinds of crazy stuff just to get on Fox news, then January 6th happened. He just couldn’t spew the nonsense anymore… and you need to spew nonsense if you want to rep CO4.

Sonnenberg is probably the front runner but Bobert has good chance. It is all about the primary, a Democrat has no chance in the General.

I imagine one will.

Why is that surprising?

Shouldn’t that be the way it should be? With strict residency requirements, state legislatures could move districts lines to push reps out of their districts.

You know who should determine if someone is a good representative for their district? The voters. If the voters feel the person is an outsider or not a good representative, they can decide.

If you live on the other side of the state and can still win the election, well who am I to argue with the voters.

I imagine one will.

Why is that surprising?

Shouldn’t that be the way it should be? With strict residency requirements, state legislatures could move districts lines to push reps out of their districts.

You know who should determine if someone is a good representative for their district? The voters. If the voters feel the person is an outsider or not a good representative, they can decide.

If you live on the other side of the state and can still win the election, well who am I to argue with the voters.

Or if you live in a different state. Or if you live in China. Who are we to argue with the voters?

I imagine one will.

Why is that surprising?

Yeah, it really isn’t a big deal. Technically CO3 borders CO4.

It will be interesting to see where she moves. If she is “keeping it real” she will go to some place like Ft Morgan…but I bet she ends up in Parker. Smells better down there.

I imagine one will.

Why is that surprising?

Or if you live in a different state. Or if you live in China. Who are we to argue with the voters?

I think being a citizen of the country is not an unreasonable requirement.

Even a different state, why not? If the voters think that person is better than someone in their own district, why not?

I think in reality it would result in most representatives living at least near their district. You won’t get too many examples of people from other states.

https://media.tenor.com/Mhta730mlxgAAAAC/ricky-bobby.gif but I bet she ends up in Parker. Smells better down there.