Black Monday 2024

Place your bets for which teams part ways with their head coaches on Monday.

First up is the Patriots and Bill Belichick. That seems like the most talked about one. I guess it was all Tom Brady. Mike Vrabel might be available and Bob Kraft might go that way. But 5-11 isn’t much better than 4-12.

Steelers and Tomlin would make sphere happy… until they have their first losing season since 2003. I don’t see this happening.

Jets and Robert Saleh? Who knows what would have happened with a healthy Qaron Rodgers, but 2023 was ugly for the J-E-T-S.

Eberflus and the Bears? They are a broken organization. All I know is that they will fuck up the draft. But a new HC can’t hurt.

Riverboat Ron and the team from Washington that may or may not have another name change before next season? Book it.

Smith and the Falcons- better than even odds he will go.

Who is the surprise on Monday?

Place your bets for which teams part ways with their head coaches on Monday.

First up is the Patriots and Bill Belichick. That seems like the most talked about one. I guess it was all Tom Brady. Mike Vrabel might be available and Bob Kraft might go that way. But 5-11 isn’t much better than 4-12.

Steelers and Tomlin would make sphere happy… until they have their first losing season since 2003. I don’t see this happening.

Jets and Robert Saleh? Who knows what would have happened with a healthy Qaron Rodgers, but 2023 was ugly for the J-E-T-S.

Eberflus and the Bears? They are a broken organization. All I know is that they will fuck up the draft. But a new HC can’t hurt.

Riverboat Ron and the team from Washington that may or may not have another name change before next season? Book it.

Who is the surprise on Monday?

The 2 surefire bets on your list - Rivera (new ownership) and Smith. Belichik has tapes on Kraft so that ain’t gonna happen. Tomlin will die a Steelers coach. Saleh never had a QB, deserves 1 year of Covid immune Rodgers before judgement. Eberflus has bad players, give him one more year with their treasure of a draft this year. The surprise is that Pierce will remain the Raiders coach.

Oh right for some teams, the season ends Sunday… Such an odd thing caring about football games in Dec and Jan… and then actually going to the playoffs.

The 2 surefire bets on your list - Rivera (new ownership) and Smith. Belichik has tapes on Kraft so that ain’t gonna happen. Tomlin will die a Steelers coach. Saleh never had a QB, deserves 1 year of Covid immune Rodgers before judgement. Eberflus has bad players, give him one more year with their treasure of a draft this year. The surprise is that Pierce will remain the Raiders coach.

Did Bill acquire the rub and tug house video feed?

I agree the Pierce will still be the HC of the Raiders.

If the Bills lose to the Dolphins, McDermott could be gone.

Rumor has it that Eric Bieniemy will get that job.

More than a few Titans fans would like to see Vrabel gone, but I think the owner likes him too much.

Belichik has tapes on Kraft so that ain’t gonna happen.

I’m not sure Belichik wants to coach the Patriots anymore. A change of scenery might be a win-win, and he’ll have no trouble getting another job.

Belichik has tapes on Kraft so that ain’t gonna happen.

I’m not sure Belichik wants to coach the Patriots anymore.

He lost his mojo with the Philly Special

When TB12 left, it was revealed that he wasn’t all he claimed to be

Could the Pats keep him on to tank next year, then draft the NEXT “GOAT 2B?” and mentor that poor schmuck? God hopes not

Belichick intrigues. His exalted status says he will not be fired by Kraft and they will announce either a parting of ways retirement or a move into Head Coach emeritus whisperer for Vrabel. He has no future as a TV NFL talking head and he is too old for a lateral move to another team. Best for the NFL if he just up and vanishes until his time for placement into the HOF.

As a Lion’s fan, I’m feeling a little left out. So this is what having a competent coach feels like.

I guess it was all Tom Brady.

Brady was certainly good. A lot of the Patriots’ success came from Kraft’s salary cap management. For a long time he’d convince star players to negotiate a pay cut so that he could bring in more talent.

He may not be as effective in that regard in 2023.

I’m sure Bill was a fine coach, but yes, it appears that he wasn’t the sole reason for the success of that dynasty.

Here in NC the idiot panthers owner changes HCs about every other month.

Belichick intrigues. His exalted status says he will not be fired by Kraft and they will announce either a parting of ways retirement or a move into Head Coach emeritus whisperer for Vrabel. He has no future as a TV NFL talking head and he is too old for a lateral move to another team. Best for the NFL if he just up and vanishes until his time for placement into the HOF.
I agree that they won’t/can’t fire him due his legacy.

Obviously he (and Harbaugh) will be attached to every job opening this week, i can see Belichick coaching in 2024 with a thisclose contender that needs that one final push with a owner willing to pay.

As a Lion’s fan, I’m feeling a little left out. So this is what having a competent coach feels like.

Lions’ fans have has such low expectations for years that winning the division seems like winning the Super Bowl.

I hope Lions can be in a place where just having a competent coach with a good team and just winning the division or making the playoffs feels like a disappointment.

I’m with sphere. Very tired of them playing “just good enough” for him to keep his job.

He lost to 2 two win teams in a row, but might sneak into the playoffs and lose in the 1st round again.

So far:

Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons

It is incredible to think that the Steelers have had 3 coaches since 1969. The Texans have had 5 head coaches (if you count Romeo Crenel’s 12 games as interim head coach to finish out the 2020 season) the last 4 seasons.

The Steelers are the best run organization in all of professional sports and coaching continuity is part of it. There was no way he was getting fired even had they not made the playoffs.

So far:

Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons

Add Panthers GM Scott Fitterer

I know the OP was about head coaches, but I’m praying the Seahawks fire their DC. I’m sick of them having a shitty defense every year. The talked about it during yesterday’s game. The offense did a good job of keeping the team competitive with a bottom of the barrel defense.

No coaches media availability in Tennessee today, even though they usually are available on locker clean out day. Vrabel will be made available “sometime this week” per PR. Rumor says he would go to New England if Kraft and BillP part ways.