Big brother is watching you comrades

https://www.threads.net/@meidastouch/post/C6zINRpPeUl/?xmt=AQGzmmiwhmC3xaBJYGuSAmM9wFZDFZOY8O3Io_NUwo2BGA

A bill to introduce a database of pregnancies.

Cool, and not big brotherish in any way, shape, or form.

But the left!!!

https://www.threads.net/@meidastouch/post/C6zINRpPeUl/?xmt=AQGzmmiwhmC3xaBJYGuSAmM9wFZDFZOY8O3Io_NUwo2BGA

A bill to introduce a database of pregnancies.

Cool, and not big brotherish in any way, shape, or form.

But the left!!!

https://www.salon.com/2024/05/10/katie-britt-is-back-at-it-pushing-a-bill-to-launch-a-pregnancy-tracking-database/

Try at least respectable news source doofus

Uh huh. And this totally wouldn’t be ripe for abuse to track if women got abortions. No sir.

Uh huh. And this totally wouldn’t be ripe for abuse to track if women got abortions. No sir.

List out the features of the bill verbatim.

You’re right. It never specifically says that they will use this database to track pregnancies and arrest women in states where it’s illegal to get an abortion so I guess that wouldn’t happen!

What was I thinking?

You’re right. It never specifically says that they will use this database to track pregnancies and arrest women in states where it’s illegal to get an abortion so I guess that wouldn’t happen!

What was I thinking?

Where does it create a database? Chapter and verse please

Are you ok with provisions D and E on p.22:

https://www.britt.senate.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/MOMS-Act_FINAL-Britt_Rubio_Cramer1.pdf

Seems extreme to require states to allow child support from conception upon consultation with the mother (no mention of the father) and to say that paternity tests can only be required upon the mother’s consent.

What was I thinking?

Hang on, unless I’m reading this wrong then you’re the one that’s reading it wrong. The call isn’t to create a database of the pregnant women. It’s to create a database of resources and providers FOR pregnant women.

And it says it may ask for contact info of the women. But that’s no different than any other site I sign up for. It doesn’t mean than any of those women are currently pregnant. They could just be doing research and planning ahead.

So again, by my cursory read the database is of providers, not the pregnant women.

What was I thinking?

Where does it create a database? Chapter and verse please

Did you read the title of the “reputable source” you linked to?

What was I thinking?

Hang on, unless I’m reading this wrong then you’re the one that’s reading it wrong. The call isn’t to create a database of the pregnant women. It’s to create a database of resources and providers FOR pregnant women.

And it says it may ask for contact info of the women. But that’s no different than any other site I sign up for. It doesn’t mean than any of those women are currently pregnant. They could just be doing research and planning ahead.

So again, by my cursory read the database is of providers, not the pregnant women.

Words and accuracy don’t matter in Canada

What was I thinking?

Do the toilets at least flush in the correct direction up there?

What was I thinking?

Do the toilets at least flush in the correct direction up there?

They don’t have indoor plumbing

Fuck that noise. The liars who said that Roe was settled law are lying again.

There’s no good reason to trust liars when they say that the government pregnancy website will collect information from women but won’t use information against women or women’s doctors.

The government should provide information without requiring women to share their own personal information. This bill says the website will collect user information through a series of questions in order to give information.

If women want to give information, they can give it confidentially to their doctors. That way we know the information is safe.

Fuck that noise. The liars who said that Roe was settled law are lying again.

There’s no good reason to trust liars when they say that the government pregnancy website will collect information from women but won’t use information against women or women’s doctors.

The government should provide information without requiring women to share their own personal information. This bill says the website will collect user information through a series of questions in order to give information.

If women want to give information, they can give it confidentially to their doctors. That way we know the information is safe.

This …

Especially looking at the sponsors of the bill. I’m sure Britt and Rubio have nothing but the best interests of women in mind and that the bill would never result in anything bad happening.

If you have daughters, and if you want them to truly have equal rights, I have no idea why you would support the current r party.

drn92

What was I thinking?

It does not say that HHS cannot track user information. It needs their consent to contact them, but nothing requires consent for other purposes.

What was I thinking?

It does not say that HHS cannot track user information. It needs their consent to contact them, but nothing requires consent for other purposes.

I didn’t see that in the bill.

https://www.britt.senate.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/MOMS-Act_FINAL-Britt_Rubio_Cramer1.pdf

I read it and didn’t see anything that would truly be objectionable to Democrats other than it makes abortion providers ineligible for grants and being listed as a pregnancy resource.

What did you find objectionable?

What was I thinking?

Am I the only person who gives websites fake names, emails, and phone numbers when they ask for it? The only person with a junk email account? The only person that denies cookies on websites?

Because unless pregnancy.gov requires SSN and photo ID I don’t see this as an insurmountable hurdle for women to access a wealth of potentially valuable information much less catalog and track them.

Do we have specifics on how and what info is going to be asked or “required” to get full benefit of then site.

What was I thinking?

Am I the only person who gives websites fake names, emails, and phone numbers when they ask for it? The only person with a junk email account? The only person that denies cookies on websites?

Because unless pregnancy.gov requires SSN and photo ID I don’t see this as an insurmountable hurdle for women to access a wealth of potentially valuable information much less catalog and track them.

Do we have specifics on how and what info is going to be asked or “required” to get full benefit of then site.

The bill actually has privacy requirements in it, just saying

What was I thinking?

I’d have to re-read it but I thought that was only for the first 180 days to handle feedback. I could be wrong.

What was I thinking?

I’d have to re-read it but I thought that was only for the first 180 days to handle feedback. I could be wrong.

Page 13…not for website per se