Beginner bike advise

Im looking for some advise im new to the sport, have been running and doing duathlons. I currently ride a trek madone 4.7 and recently won a trek 1.2. I don’t have a ton of extra cash so I may have to sell my current rides, although I need a bike for training and weekly rides. Would I be better off modifying my madone4.7? or selling. What are some good beginner tri bikes?

There are some really nice deals on the 2013 Shiv’s at your local Specialized dealer. This is my first year of Triathlon I have ridden many TT bikes and feel the ride quality of this bike makes it a very nice buy. The range of fit for each size also helps to get you in your most comfortable/powerful/aero position.

also buying the Shiv Comp Rival gives you a very solid frame to build on over the years.

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2013/04/gear-tech/2013-triathlete-buyers-guide-bikes_74745/8

I’d suggest getting a bike fit from your local FIST qualified bike fitter. There is a list of fitters on this very website. They will be able to generate you fit co-ordinates that can be used to select a bike that’s best suited to you and your needs. This will remove the guess work for you.