Bar tape - good grip + easy to clean in white?

I’m looking for handlebar tape that has good grip dry and wet and that is easy to clean in a white color. I’ve used Bike Ribbon which looks/feels great and cleans well, but is a little too slippery for me. Now I’m using Lizard Skins DSP which has good grip, but doesn’t clean so well.

Any suggestions?

Padding isn’t particularly important to me.

Not exactly what you asked for, but I like white tape too and have tried expensive stuff and it hasn’t been all that great.

I use this type off eBay for super cheap: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301173337800

It gets dirty and you can’t clean it well, but at that price you can replace it 5 times a season if it matters to you. Lasts forever, I generally only change it when it’s dirty, it’s never worn out or ripped on me. Never had an issue with grip, but I always use gloves.

It is a little thick and cushy though, you may or may not like that.

Not exactly what you asked for, but I like white tape too and have tried expensive stuff and it hasn’t been all that great.

I use this type off eBay for super cheap: http://pages.ebay.com/...&id=301173337800

It gets dirty and you can’t clean it well, but at that price you can replace it 5 times a season if it matters to you. Lasts forever, I generally only change it when it’s dirty, it’s never worn out or ripped on me. Never had an issue with grip, but I always use gloves. Thanks. Can you compare grip relative to some other brands?

I really like the Fizik tape. Lasts forever and stays white even without cleaning. I’m not sure how its grip compares to others, but I’ve never found it to be slippery.

I really like the Fizik tape. Lasts forever and stays white even without cleaning. I’m not sure how its grip compares to others, but I’ve never found it to be slippery.Fizik makes a lot of different versions - which are you using?

http://www.fizik.it/accessories/

Try PRO microfiber

It’s not especially grippy, but it’s not slick either. If you want that really grippy feel, it’s probably not the best. But that said, I’d be fine with it without gloves too. I used zipp tape last, and the zipp was grippier, but started shredding after 2 weeks.

Look up Lizard Skins: lizardskins.com

Look up Lizard Skins: lizardskins.comIn my first post I say I’ve used Lizard Skins. I have.

Oops. Sorry, I missed that. I would have thought they would clean well. I have blue LS bar take and it stays clean well.

Oops. Sorry, I missed that. I would have thought they would clean well. I have blue LS bar take and it stays clean well.No problem. They clean “OK.” Good for colors I’d guess from your experience, but white gets dingy.

Was really excited to install this stuff on my road bike this winter!
Wow what a disappointment!
Stufff is so slick with even the smallest amount is sweat…gloves essential.
Feels really grippy if perfectly cleaned with rubbing alcohol but lasts about 29 mins into a ride.
Waste of money for a pricey bar wrap. Big disappointment

I really like the Fizik tape. Lasts forever and stays white even without cleaning. I’m not sure how its grip compares to others, but I’ve never found it to be slippery.Fizik makes a lot of different versions - which are you using?

http://www.fizik.it/accessories/

Didn’t realize they had added so many options. Just the performance classic.

Bike Ribbon is awesome ----- used on my cyclocross bike and was able to wipe clean ---- its not faux cork like most bar tape. But still has some cushion.

People clean their bar tape?

I have white tape on a couple of my bikes too and I have tried Specialized, Fizik, Sram, Arundel, Cinelli, Profile and some no name stuff too. The Arundel Gecko Grip and Specialized Roubaix tapes have great grip for me. None of them clean easily, as in regular soap and water, when cleaning the rest of the bike. I use Simple Green and a sponge with a scrubby on the back to get things going, let it sit a minute or two, then wash them with the rest of the bike. They will never look new after they get dirty, but you can keep them looking decent.

rich

For the easy to clean part, I have always used that hand cleaner like the mechanics use, gojo etc to clean white bar tape and it seems to come out looking great again. Rub the hand cleaner on, let it sit a minute, then rub off with a towel.

I’ve got Fizik tape on my road bike. Took it out for the first time yesterday, got back covered head to toe in road grit (wet melted crap around here right now). Wiped the bar tape off with a damp rag… voila. Like new again.

Bike Ribbon is awesome ----- used on my cyclocross bike and was able to wipe clean ---- its not faux cork like most bar tape. But still has some cushion.As I said in my first post, I’m looking for something with a bit more grip than Bike Ribbon.

Thanks for the cleaning tips rrutis and 2wheels - I’d been cleaning my Lizard Skins tape with just dish soap and water and will try your methods.

I use tennis tape. Very tacky.