Bar Harbour next week 9/10

I’m visitng Bar Harbour for the first time. Is it too late for OWS? Was reading about Echo Lake. Also looking for some areas to run up to 7 miles. Thanks in advance

I was in Bar harbor early august, it was fine to swim in echo lake w/ no wetsuit then so I’d assume its still good with a wetsuit, maybe a little chilly but fine. You can’t swim in most of the other lakes on the island as they are used for water supply. The Y in Bar harbor is good too, scy.

In terms of running pick any stretch of carriage road in Acadia. Probably 50miles to chose from and its all fantastic! Flat around the lakes, lots of hills if you want that too.

I lived on Mount Desert Island for 9 summers. No, it isn’t too late for OWS. You may find it a little chilly but it certainly won’t be with a wetsuit. Echo Lake is accessible from Echo Lake Beach or Ikes Point. For running, Eagle Lake is our must-do and that’s 5.9 miles around; you can add an out and back to Witch Hole Pond to make it 8 (or just turn around early). Any of the carriage trails are lovely - Bubble Pond is another favorite.
I’m jealous; I spend a good deal of my summer still on that island.