Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike?

I’ve put the alpha one on a couple of Cervelos (P2 and P3)

Wondering if possible on a P5?

Possible on a P series?

Thinking of getting a P5 frameset as I can’t seem to find the build I want in the P5 full bike

Which P5?
P5-3
P5-6
P5D
?

I have a tririg alpha one on my P5-6 but it required making a few custom parts.

Which P5?
P5-3
P5-6
P5D
?

I have a tririg alpha one on my P5-6 but it required making a few custom parts.

Thank you for your answer
I think they just call it P5

https://www.cervelo.com/en-US/bikes/p5

So they’re all called P5… thank you cervelo, we’ll be confused forever now 😂

So they’re all called P5… thank you cervelo, we’ll be confused forever now 😂

Lol

Yes

You could do a P-series. I do not believe the current P5 has the ability to swap bars. IMO I wouldn’t want to anyway.

Possible on a P series?

Thinking of getting a P5 frameset as I can’t seem to find the build I want in the P5 full bike

Assume you’re looking at current models:
P-Series, yes
P5, no

Possible on a P series?

P-Series, yes
P5, no

Yes current models
Thank you

Does this look like a p5 or a 5 series

A bike shop just emailed me this pic and said they do put the tririg front end in P5s.

8070E000-8CEB-4530-ACFA-0E71DB02DEB7.jpeg

Possible on a P series?

P-Series, yes
P5, no

Yes current models
Thank you

Does this look like a p5 or a 5 series

A bike shop just emailed me this pic and said they do put the tririg front end in P5s.

Thats a P5. It must have an adapter to make it happen. Similar to the adapter made for the Speed Concept.

I would really really not recommend doing that. I don’t think that the P5 has a standard steerer tube diameter, so there probably is an adapter and there’s no way I’d trust a modification like that. It blows my mind how willing people are to throw random mods on their bikes and run with it without really understanding the implications.

Much appreciated

Thank you

I assume it works fine with no adapter on a P5-3 (circa 2012)? That was going to be my big upgrade this year. Closing in on 40 and need to get some height under my arms to help my neck! Sat up the last 15 miles of my last half.

Possible on a P series?

Why not, if you think you need more pad X, just buy a different brand that fits the pad XY coordinates more closely?

Possible on a P series?

Why not, if you think you need more pad X, just buy a different brand that fits the pad XY coordinates more closely?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Thank you

I know nothing about other bikes than Cervelo

Have riden Cervelo for 20 years or more I believe

I have 2 brand new alpha ones I put on P3s. Figured since I had them I could put them on a new bike

Actually have narrowed it down to P 105 and just build it up/change over as I see the need

Possible on a P series?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Thank you

I know nothing about other bikes than Cervelo

Have riden Cervelo for 20 years or more I believe

I have 2 brand new alpha ones I put on P3s. Figured since I had them I could put them on a new bike

Actually have narrowed it down to P 105 and just build it up/change over as I see the need

Get the P-Series, put the tri-rig bars on it, add the delta cover and save yourself some money.

The P5 will certainly limit your front end choices. AeroCoach, WattShop, FastTT, and probably others make pretty nice arm rests/extensions that fit the P5 though. I have a P-Series with the whole Vision Metron TFE setup with the front brake cable routed through the fork/steerer. Probably just as fast and more adjustable than a P5. I think the more standard front end of the P-Series gives you more flexibility, and the Tri-Rig setup is pretty nice as well with good BTA mounting options.