Any Experience With 2032 *Rechargeables*?

So, rechargeable lithium batteries - unlike NiMH - have some pretty well known downsides. They get about far fewer recharge cycles. And capacity drops much precipitously after only a handful of cycles.

That said, I do have my concerns about the the ubiquity of the 2032 and just throwing them away when they die. For critical uses, I’d envision using a rechargeable at the “daily” battery and then carry a non-rechargeable as a spare.

Specifically thinking of switching to a rechargeable for:

• Quarq PM
  • AXS shifters

Tenergy generally makes good batteries, so was looking at this 4x set + charger: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083R423WJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3HWGKO0VEZKR&psc=1

Anyone have any experience swapping to rechargeable 2032s for their bike stuff?

No direct experience with 2032, plenty of experience with battery tech. It should work with the caveats you already mentioned. Carry a real lithium battery as a spare. Rechargeables can die unexpectedly.

You will get FAR more use out of a li-ion even with the deep cycle degradation, vs a single lithium battery.

As far as substituting disposables with rechargeables, a switch from lithium to li-ion is the easiest because the nominal cell voltage is about the same.

Yeah, I actually started wondering if 2032 rechargeables even existed because I came across some Li-ion rechargeable AAs, and the whole point was how they are worse than NiMH in a bunch of ways, but that they solve the “problem” of low voltage reports from devices that expect 1.5V - which Li-ion rechargeables offer - rather than the 1.3V of NiMH.

Interested in this as well. I run all my travel devices on USB-rechargeable AA and AAA (so no need to carry a charger or worry about local V/Hz.

As you mentioned, Tenergy is a solid brand and their labelling is typically accurate. I did notice that the capacity of these is 70+/-5mAh, compared to 245mAh for a Duracell Li 2032.