Another map of the US for all you map lovers

https://i.imgur.com/eQu3SGj.jpeg

Not bad.

Arkansas is debatable as Deep South.
Texas should be carved out like FL.
OK is debatable as Not The South.

As someone who grew up in the southern part of Delaware it definitely was part of the south back then. Now it’s become mostly a beach resort and retired people from DC so the map might be correct.

Florida is Florida. Texas likes to think it’s not the south, but it’s the south.

Texas is the South, with cows.

As someone who grew up in the southern part of Delaware it definitely was part of the south back then. Now it’s become mostly a beach resort and retired people from DC so the map might be correct.

You poor soul.

OK is debatable as Not The South.

Not debatable. They are not. They are actually worse.

You poor soul.

Any rural area on the “eastern shore” of MD or DE below the canal was definitely at least “sorta of the south”.

Why are WA, OH, MD, DE, and NJ a different shade?

Same map could be used for “Ya’ll” vs “You guys”. It practically defines “the south”.

Why are WA, OH, MD, DE, and NJ a different shade?

Because fuck you that’s why.

Not bad.

Arkansas is the Deep South

Texas is Texas

Not bad.

Arkansas is the Deep South

Texas is Texas

Do they say y’all?

It’s the South.

Missouri not being at least “kinda the south” is a huge miss.

+1

MO and Indiana should be sorta south.

Virginia as the Confederate capital is offended.

Yep It was a compromise.

Yep It was a compromise.

https://i.imgur.com/sPwgpLj.gif

Florida is Florida.

With all due respect…

Anyone who has ventured more than 10-20 miles inland from any coast in Florida (especially in the panhandle or most of the northern sections of the state) quickly comes to realize that the vast majority of the land area in Florida is as “Old South” ™ as any of the similar backwater areas of nearby states like Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi.

Michael

Part of Florida I’d consider the South. Draw a line straight across the state at Orlando. Everything north of that line is the South. Anything below it is Florida. :slight_smile:

I agree that Texas should be its own category like Florida.

I’m fine with Virginia being Sorta the South. Northern Virginia is not the South anymore.

I’d consider Louisiana the Deep South. It’s every bit as hick and redneck as AL and MS.

+1

MO and Indiana should be sorta south.

Missouri yes… Indiana only the way southern part