Alternatives to a ISM saddle?

ISM Long Narrow saddle is pricey.

Could the Bontrager Hilo comp be an alternative?

Other suggestions that are designed around the same principle of getting your hips rotated forward and giving your jiggly bits extra room to chill?

Cobb saddles. https://speedandcomfort.com/

Thank you for sharing. I was not aware of this brand. Even though they’re priced the same as ism saddles, I now atleast have an extra brand to base my searches on.

They’re phenomenal.

I love my Dash saddle but doesnt help with the price issue…

You get what you pay for. Look in the classified section or on facebook marketplace for used ones.

Cobb was one of the originals, a huge influence in triathlon and cycling. Not a late-comer. Check out John Cobb’s history for a fun read.

Always fun to know your roots!

They’re phenomenal.

Just as ISM, BiSaddle, GeBiomized and most other brands. It is just personal, what is heaven for one can be torture for the next.

Jeroen

You could try BiSaddle, super adjustable in width and fiorm.
They have a trial period as well.
But not cheaper :slight_smile:

Jeroen

Thank you all for the suggestions. I had never heard of these brands before, so that’s great. I’ll can now search on 2nd hand sites with way more terms than just ISM.

Cheers!

@Jeroen: Great looking website! I saw you also sell the Bontrager hilo comp. Had much success with it? I can order and test it for 30 days at Mantel, so might give that a shot before anything more expensive.

I was also going to suggest Dash as a lighter alternative to ISM, but light is not cheap.

switched from ISM to selle smp, big improvement in comfort for me.

Yes, the Bontrager is indeed also a good saddle but as said what one finds super nice another çan think its more a birth control ‘thingy’ then a saddle.
The BiSaddle have taken about 35% of all saddle sales since we got the a few years back. But the Hilo Comp is for sure a saddle to give it a shot.

Good Luck with the testing. And if that not works you can always drop by for a saddle fit session.

Jeroen

Another vote for Dash, I went through so many saddles before I found dash and wow what a difference, zero discomfort.

The first generation Hilo had a version where you could adjust the width of the nose. You can find those used and they work well for people with really narrow hips. I tried a bunch of the Cobb and ISM and a Dash saddle and they always felt like they were prying my legs apart. I am reasonably comfortable on the 1st generation Hilo and the 2nd gen one is Ok-ish.

I personally think a lot of saddle comfort is fit and position. In the early 90s I rode Hawaii in a speedo on a Flite saddle with zero discomfort. Of course, I was fortunate to have been fit by John Cobb (pre-Lance,etc) - I give John lots of credit. I still basically use that fit. I (and Cameron Wurf) now ride Fizik Arione Tri 2 saddle, which is considered “old.” Others have suggested that I try the “new” saddles but saddle comfort is simply a non-issue for me.

I swapped from my ISM to the Pro Aerofuel

https://www.pro-bikegear.com/us/triathlon/saddles/aerofuel-carbon-saddle

Another Cobb saddle person here, I use the plus models.

I love Dash.

Just messaged you with a discount code :slight_smile: Hope it helps!