Alpe d'Huez bucket list

Finally got the opportunity to knock off a bucket list item of climbing Alpe d’Huez. Added on the climb up to Col du Serenne on the back end. Man, that downhill from Sarenne was no joke. It was epic!

ma

1 Like

Hey is the last picture on the exit of the Sarennes decent near the base of the Les Deux Alpes climb (Lac du Chambon) ? Its an awesome spot! I may go next summer during the last week of the TdF(hopefully the tour is actually not running thru there at the time as it makes the riding insane) and end up in Paris for the final stage (and just watch…no personal cycling)

Yes, that’s the spot. Didn’t spend much time there other than to snap a pic or two but it was quite scenic.

Were you staying down in Bourg D’Oisins? I love the ride back down from Barrage du Chambon back down to the village through the ravine and tunnels. Your post got me looking at flights for next summer!!! I was there 1984, 2004, 2007, 2015, 2016. I went to Paris for last weekend of Olympics this year but wishing I had gone for some cycling too

Yes, riding through that tunnel was pretty trippy.